F1 » Ricciardo: 'Aggressive move' from Petrov 'cost me a chance of points'

Daniel Ricciardo: The final result of the race is disappointing. I think I drove well and the team deserved better. I had Petrov going quite slowly in front of me. I gave him some racing room, but we still made contact because perhaps his move was a bit too aggressive.

AR - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 9:54 AM

What an intersting battle between JEV and DR. I hope the poor perfomance from JEV this weekend does not destroy his confidence( he seems a bit arrogant with that) And I hope that DR feels he can now have a better race trim.
Good luck gents. May the better one win

DR fan - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 11:02 AM

This incident was not DR fault.... And it wasn't a racing incident..... Therefore it should have been. Penalty!

Just another stupid decision from race direction again. Only good decision all year is to no take 3rd spot off shumi!

Jase

me - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 11:28 AM

dream on ricciardo, it is your car and skill that take the points of you not petrov. and i have to admit that i like toro rosso struggling this year just because of the way they fired alquersuari and buemi.

Belly - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 12:48 PM

@Nick636, you have most of the details right. Yes DR did turn across Petrov, but after he had completed the overtake and only to turn into the corner. Yes, Petrov did go straight ahead - straight into the side of DR, spinning him off the track and costing him. Petrov out braked himself and couldn't turn. THAT is why he went straight.

Nick - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 1:19 PM

Petrov should have got a penalty, Caterham have said they have Torro Rosso in their sights do you think Petrov understands what the team mean.

My opinion Petrov thinks he needs to take them out so his team mate can claim he beat them

Kovalainen: We achieved target of beating Toro Rosso What a fool Kovalainen is turning into..

Nick636

June 25, 2012 2:38 PM

ARE YOU GUYS ACTUALLY KIDDING ME?

I watched that replay over and over and over... And Petrov was not at fault... I really like Ricciardo. But that was his fault. He misjudged the distance past Petrov or something but he made a VERY sudden jerk to the right, ramming into Petrov, not the other way around. Objective viewing necessary... I am NO PETROV FAN.

1 2  »