F1 » Kobayashi 'disappointed' after nightmare race

Kamui Kobayashi: What a race today, however, I am very disappointed. I was fighting with Felipe Massa for position. Our cars touched and this time the damage was too bad to continue.

Buck - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 2:39 PM

I HATE penalties that carry over until the next race... The FIA should stop doing that! Fine the driver or what ever ON THE RACE WEEKEND. While I am ranting..I also hate the the drivers are penalized for mechanical failures... gotta be a better way.

On race day all drivers should start with a clean slate and start where they qualify.

Gaz - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 4:26 PM

and how you didnt get a penalty for wiping Bruno out is beyond me, garbage driving!

One wing alongside Bruno's rear wheel and thats alongside is it? Total rubbish. Bruno should never have been penalised for doing nothing wrong and being taken out by this Japanese numpty.

Steve - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 5:52 PM

It's ok Kobayashi. Neither accident was your fault in my opinion.

And Gaz, that was a reckless block attempt by Senna after he failed to keep Raikkonen behind him. Very dangerous, and just as dirty as when Schumacher nearly but Barrichello in the wall a couple years ago in Hungary (I think). Honestly, these drivers have to stop being scared of losing position to more aggressive drivers. If you don't have the speed, then you don't have it.

Was stupid of Senna to even try and block him when he hadn't pitted and wasn't even really racing with Kobayashi anyway, who had pitted at that time. Sure it was for position, but Senna would've had to pit at some point, and the two wouldn't have been close again.

ride me sidways - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 7:48 PM

well said steve,senna was at fault for crashin my opinion but the team making a bo bo at the pit stop was the downfall..if he had to get out ahead off kimi and even fernando it would of had made all the difference

chrian - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 8:30 PM

Kobayashi drove like a hooligan and should have been penalized both times. I like the driver generally and admire his racing spirit, but this was as ham fisted a race as I can remember.

Don't know who had the worse day, Koba or Charlie Whiting.

They both are prime contenders for the World's Award For The Galactically Stupid yesterday. Along with Hamilton, but I think that goes without saying.

Amigo - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 4:37 AM

I have watched replay by video again.
Masa was out of track by himself and he returned to track in unsafe environment it cause collision with Kobayashi. Obviously, Kobayashi did not push Masa out of the track as Stewards and other Masa supporters said.
I don't think 5 grids penalty to Kobayashi was fair.
It's fair to say, Kobayashi was unlucky in Valencia even though he had very strong car.
Both accidents were not Kobayashi fault anyway.