F1 » New Jersey still a doubt, insists Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone appears in two minds over the chances of the GP of America being ready to join next season's F1 world tour.

Liam48

June 25, 2012 5:39 PM

What is up with Bernie ? Has he hit the old man syndrome of complaining about everything?

The track looks great and has elevation change. I am looking forward to the race and I don't like in the U.S.

Seriously Bernie has done a lot for F1 but I think he needs to be replaced.

LJ - Unregistered

June 26, 2012 3:37 AM

You guys haven't figure this out yet? Bernie uses the media to put pressure on people to get what he wants. They will likely respond by working extra hard to prove they're on track. I don't like it, but he isn't just giving opinions imho, I really believe he always has motivation for much of what he says.

Still not his biggest fan lol.

LJ - Unregistered

June 26, 2012 3:45 AM

@Mark

I think Russia is expected for 2014. Pretty much a new track every year lately.

I think once Russia has it's race the only other place they could do with going back to is South Africa. Although I wouldn't go past 24 races in a season. It's likely they'll start dropping European tracks in favour of more lucrative alternatives. They keep threatening Belgium, which has had talks about alternating with Germany. :( And I believe their will start alternating between Spanish tracks from next year.

MrQwerty

June 26, 2012 5:34 PM

I heard that France may alternate with Spa, whilst Nurburgring may stop sharing with Hockenheim. In my opinion, there are three tracks that should be untouchable: Spa, Monaco and Monza. I think there should be a minimum number of European races as well, but that won't happen.

UncleSam

June 26, 2012 5:50 PM

Bernie is an amazing genius! Seriously how does he use his powers of observation so astutely? Of course the streets are crowned to shed water and snow, NJ is in a region with extremely harsh winters. Did you not consider that when you signed them up? Of course not, because all you care about is the nightlife, casinos, and events surrounding the race, not the actual race itself. If he put forth as much effort in making a great product on track, without this current fake and fabricated racing, F1 would not be the joke it is today. LMP's are the pinnacle of motorsport, as F1 has been overtaken and will never retake its once lofty level of prestige. Sad, but true, and it has all occurred under your watch Bernie!

Rob01 - Unregistered

June 26, 2012 6:31 PM

Uncle, customer cars and medals are next. F1 has already started the Nascar yellows. Caused one of the drivers to throw his gloves a whole 6 inches. Thought he would get his skirt dirty doing it.