F1 » Early laps cost me my chance, says Vettel

Sebastian Vettel admitted that a poor start and early struggles on the soft option tyres pretty much ended any chance he might have had of winning the 2012 British Grand Prix.

Googolplex

July 10, 2012 6:29 AM

DTS,

You might not recall, but when I first came onto this site I posted some pro Webber comments and was subjected to a bit of curry from Eddie and Andrew (both of whom I don't hear much from these days). I specifically recall you joining in to give me some moral support. It made a difference.

Ptolomy - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 8:10 AM

Something tells me that the scoreboard will look a whole lot different come November. I think the "other" Formula 1 drivers look at Sebastian as the "most dangerous man in Formula 1." I can see Vettel winning it all again.

Kozeyekan

July 10, 2012 8:42 AM

Vettel is a talent, no doubt. His ability to qualify well when the pressure is down is astounding, yet, a bit of moisture and he struggled this time.
In fairness, his first win was in the wet, so he's no slouch, but he's unlikely to inherit Schuey's "Rain Meister" title, or repeat Senna's overtake of 5 cars in one wet lap (especially considering that was at Donnington)
I love wet qualifying. The technology is taken out of it and the driver has to 'feel' for when to push and when to hold the line. Also great to see that Webber was able to hang with Schumacher and Alonso, two of the best wet weather drivers in the field.

DontTalkNonsense

July 10, 2012 10:03 AM

Googs, glad I could be of assistance. We are a select group us Webber supporters.
We cut fingers and blood oath to join.
I remember very well having a few choice stoushes with Eddie.
Sometimes I think Commo, you and I are the 3 amigo's.
Good thing is, we are not alone anymore.

DontTalkNonsense

July 10, 2012 10:20 AM

Googs, you got me thinking. Is this the post?

@Googolpex my thoughts exactly. Be warned though, expect a backlash from Richard and Eddie, you may even get suspended like me. Power to freedom of speech. Vettel is a prat!
Posted by DontTalkShite (598 days ago)

« 1 2 3  »