F1 » Webber admits to Ferrari talks

Mark Webber reveals that he shopped his talents elsewhere before inking the deal that keeps him on the F1 grid for a 14th season in 2013.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

DontTalkNonsense

July 10, 2012 11:48 AM

Well said Mark. No if's or but's, you're a true professional. He made a very good point, he and Seb have been together 4 years, that's a bloody long time in F1. I just hope all of Marks knockers shut up now. If he wasn't any good he wouldn't be in the gig.

hiroshi

July 10, 2012 12:05 PM

I might be a brit but my support goes to Webber. Says it how it is and I'm also glad he stayed at RB I think its his best chance to win with AN designing the car it will always be up there all the time. The ferrari always takes half a season to develop

9-0 - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 12:22 PM

I wonder how Massa must be feeling now knowing that Ferrari was in talks with another driver for 2013 season.

Or Maybe Massa as been told his contact wont be renewed

Adam - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 1:24 PM

Great to see Mark staying at RBR for another season.

Also I like Massa, but you can't perform like he did last season and at the start of this one (especially when Alonso was winning in the same car) and not have the team getting worried and looking else where.

Hopefully he can now build on his 4th place at Silverstone and secure his drive for next season!

Monza

July 10, 2012 1:45 PM

So he said NO to Ferrari the most iconic team in F1! Red Bull in few years will be long gone and when his grandsons ask him which team he raced for in F1 and he replies 'red bull' he will have to explain to them what it was!

Nick636

July 10, 2012 2:38 PM

Well played sir... Very well played.

Made Horner jump sharp and, I'm guessing, put in a decent offer.
I will say it again, imagine he was in decent cars in his earlier career...

Kinda hoping he takes the WDC this year, considering Jenson is pretty much out of it.

Nick636

July 10, 2012 2:48 PM

Monza

What a crock of 5h1t... When Schumi joined Ferrari in the 90's people said he was making a mistake as Ferrari SUCKED at that specific time... Benetton was the way to go. Do people have no idea who benetton were? I think not. They're long gone, but most race fans know who they were.

Greg Tan - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 2:49 PM

Red Bull is a much better place for you and I believe your chance to shine is there. In Ferrari you will be supporting Fernando only. Hoping you can help Red Bull to retain the Team Champion and make Fernando under huge pressure.

Omar - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 2:54 PM

Probably the best decision but I would have enjoyed seeing Webber in a ferrari against Alonso. Hamilton and Vettel as team mates would have been a handbags at dawn classic too. Never mind, well done Mark.

1 2 3 4 5  »