F1 » Spa secures three-year stay of execution?

The Belgian Grand Prix appears to be safe on the F1 schedule for the next few years after agreeing terms on a new deal.

Liam48 - Unregistered

July 12, 2012 1:52 PM

FANTASTIC! This is the best news I've heard all day.

Spa is one of the best tracks in the world up with Phillip Island & Mugello and it would have been a crime to have removed it or swapped it every year, this is great news for fans, drivers & teams.

Kiko - Unregistered

July 12, 2012 2:41 PM

I wish I had a couple of Billion to buy Spa and keep it as a permanent venue on the F1 and WEC calendar.

This track should NEVER go from F1, it is F1 to me and I have only been watching since 1997.

matto3227

July 12, 2012 2:58 PM

Booked my flights for this years GP on Monday... Honestly can't wait!!!

Have been lucky enough to have been to a number of GP tracks around the world, and can honestly say this is by far the best of them.
The track layout itself is just EPIC! The mixture of corners and long straights is exactly what is needed for close racing.
The setting is perfect, in the middle of the forests, with huge elevation changes (You haven't lived till you see a F1 car going through Eau Rouge flat out) and as a spectator there is no need to buy an expensive grandstand seat as there is a natural banking at every corner which means that viewing of the track is great where ever you are...
And then there is the weather... constant lottery!

Can not speak highly enough of this track.

BOTTOM LINE - If your ever going to a grand prix... make it SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS!

p1 - Unregistered

July 12, 2012 4:28 PM

Ecclestone and other who run F1, find me a new track that you have purposely built which is better than Eu Rouge, because that one corner is better than most of the crap that Tilke has churned out.

Losing Spa would be losing part of the pedigree of the sport, you may aswell remove Monaco from the calendar and replace it with a race around the streets of Hull or Slough

SpaForF1Prez - Unregistered

July 12, 2012 4:43 PM

@KiKo

I'll give the couple as soon as I get my 10! and oh, after I give the 2bill, u better make sure to whip the old fox around his ass, he going to go away any soon, and will simply keep coming back to bite the spa! :-)

Oli - Unregistered

July 12, 2012 6:19 PM

The first GP I ever went to was at Spa in '91, the same day some German guy made his debut for Jordan (and broke down right opposite me on lap 1). I was 7 and still remember so much of it.

Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco... these places are irreplaceable. We also need to always have races in Germany (though both circuits there got ruined), Spain and I would even say France. This is the core of F1, the history, Fill the other 13 races with sh't like Singapore and India if you want to, but leave the history otherwise it aint F1 anymore.

Oli