F1 » Vettel hit with time penalty

Sebastian Vettel drops from second to fifth after being given a post-race penalty in the German Grand Prix

Westminister - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:13 PM

This is Button's fault really. Button left him plenty of room to stay on track and Vettel didn't use it.
IF Button didn't leave him space he could argue he was forced off track. BUT then Button might have better acceleration out of turn and the pass wouldn't happened at all.
To sum it up - all Button's fault being gentle driver. :p

Darzetboy - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:19 PM

@ Pole position.
Yes I am definitely being objective. Lewis was not penalized for overtaking Rosberg and going off track, and I have seen drivers trying to continue with severely damaged cars and even three wheels until the team has called them in.

Angelina - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:22 PM

Pole Position,Daretboy
I have seen drivers continue on 3 wheels even after team had called them in. I remember Vettel in Australia in 2009 for which he received a grid penalty.

Mice Nuts - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:23 PM

People are asking what's wrong with Vettel, why so many do not like him.
The answer is right here: because this "I didn't see Button that's why I went off" is another BS from him.

Angelina - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:29 PM

Still the result is better than Valencia.
I wish all these efforts by FIA and all other drivers eventually help Seb dominate the second half of the season and silence his haters.

But I can really see a different Vettel post 2011. He might have used the same words he used for Kartikeyan even if a former WDC would have spoiled his race.

I will like to see the reaction on these forums when Seb calls FA an idiot. I am not sure he would say the same if Kimi or Schumi blocked him.

MP4 Whiners - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:36 PM

Vettel indeed left the racing surface, as defined by the white lines, but he was forced wide by the multiple defensive moves of Button, a violation of sporting regulation 20.3. Also Button forcing Vettel from the race track is a clear violation of sporting regulation 20.4. Seems that the FIA are out to get Red Bull. Vettel should never have been given a penalty based upon, it was Button that caused him to leave the track by violating two sporting regulations. I imagine that Vodafone will soon be replaced by a facial tissue company because team McLaren cries more than anyone on the planet. Boo Hoo Whannn!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »