F1 » Raikkonen looks to the positives

Kimi Raikkonen looks to the positives for Lotus after the German Grand Prix

soaum - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 7:56 PM

the overtake on Di Resta was a highlight. If Lotus get their double Drs working and he can qualify higher up I can see him winning a race or two. also he is only a few points behind Vettel.

sokudo - Unregistered

July 22, 2012 11:14 PM

Raikkonen has impressed me this year. Seeing Schumacher struggle in his comeback year but Raikkonen doing very well says it all. Great racecraft too by Kimi this race. Now personally, while this car is very fast I do now think it is the 4th fastest car on the grid behind the usual suspects so given that I would say Raikkonen is doing a great job to be 4th in the championship ahead of Hamilton and quite close to Vettel.

Liam48 - Unregistered

July 23, 2012 12:55 AM

What track is coming up in two rounds? That's right Spa!

How many times has Kimi won there ? 4 times from his last 5 starts there. If there is anywhere were he is going to win this year it'll most like be Spa where he is the master of that place and it's his favourite track. Also this double DRS for Spa could make it even better for him to qualify to have a chance of winning. I can't wait for Spa and some fireworks there and hopefully a Raikkonen win soon.

page22 - Unregistered

July 23, 2012 1:53 AM

@soaum...

Yeah, I agree with you. And the commentators sid little of it. I actually thought that was easily one of the best gutsy moves of the race. It happened so fast as Kimi followed Michael through and it was so tight to the corner...excellent stuff

mesia - Unregistered

July 23, 2012 2:32 AM

i still remember the race at the bahrain and catalunya ..he chasing the driver ahead of him very quickly and got passed the cars one by one.lets see he win again at the spa

dimitris - Unregistered

July 23, 2012 6:45 AM

He will win before SPA, in Hungary. The weather will be just great for the Lotus, and the double DRS is not needed there. He showed in Germany that he found the one-lap speed in the dry he was missing so far, so he should start from the second or even the first row.

Bradenws

July 23, 2012 9:49 PM

At the beginning of this race, I told my roommate, "I predict a Raikkonen Podium." This wasn't ideal, but, hey, I'll take it. Also, can anyone else name any thread that's gotten all agrees on every single comment posted before? Kimi's just that cool.