F1 » Austin grand prix hits another legal obstacle

A new legal row has enveloped Austin's Circuit of the Americas just months before it is due to make its F1 debut.

racy - Unregistered

August 01, 2012 10:04 PM

Another typical American f up when comming down to the finish. This gal held off till now? Why? Just another greedy jerk which I am sad to say, my country is full of. Heck with it, I was not planning to attend anyway due to the high prices and a long drive. And it is in Texas of all places. Have driven through Texas 4 times and once was enough. Guess they still sell crickets on the roadsides with nary a pond within 50 miles.

Jon - Unregistered

August 01, 2012 10:09 PM

I think using the phrase "you can buy a gun if you want to" as a positive argument for America is unfortunate in the extreme... If you want to get picky about "Only in America" comments, the whole concept of buying lethal weapons to protect yourself against lethal weapons says it all.... plain dumb.

Mark _

August 02, 2012 12:46 AM

Jon I think that you missed the point. It is not about the ability to own weapons it is about living in a free country versus a nanny state. There are good and bad things about living in a free country just as there are good and bad things about living in a nanny state. I really don't think that we are much different. It is so easy to find faults in any country but why is it necessary on a racing forum?

Googolplex

August 02, 2012 2:00 AM

From this Aussies point of view, I think it is absolutely rediculous to see Poms and Yanks having a crack at each other on this forum. Both countries pursue democracy in a different way but history shows they have both been outstandingly successful as Nations. What is more they have benefited from being the staunchest of allies.

When it comes to criticising each other's countries we all live in glass houses. Let's just enjoy our common passion, F1, enjoy our diversity, respect each other and forget this nonsense.

LJ - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 2:17 AM

I don't see how this effects the track getting ready on time. It sounds like a side show. It sounds negative tho, so it's something that F1 sites can run tho. I'm waiting for a Bernie story now, saying he's worried they won't be ready *roll eyes*.

Banditfan

August 02, 2012 2:23 AM

@racy
Texas is a big place and apparently you drove through all the wrong parts. Do a Google image search for Austin. It's a pretty nice city with plenty of water, green space an attractive city center and a thriving music scene. I'm not from the US by the way so I have no axe to grind.

« 1 2