F1 » Kaltenborn backs Kobayashi

Monisha Kaltenborn: The results do not show the whole picture

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Amigo - Unregistered

August 04, 2012 8:21 PM

Kamui is really cold driver. He is very fast and improving consistency with his race but unfortunately he got 2 accidents by his fault this year so far. After watch again on accident with Massa, I'll say the accident was not entirely his fault because that cause by unsafe return to track by Massa but Stewards gave him 5 grids penalty for accident. Another accident in Pit lane was unfortunates one. He took responsible and apologized to his engineer and team.
As No, 1 Team driver he help engineer to develop car very well even though his short times in F1. I think this year car is best ever Sauber has built.
I have never doubt about Kamui ability for podium finish in F1.
We will see Kamui on podium soon.

LJ - Unregistered

August 04, 2012 9:16 PM

Nothing new really, she said this the other day and it's accurate. There was apparent grumblings in the paddock about Kamui after the British GP. But how much of that was from his mistake which cost them a top 10 finish? If you look at his Germany performance he would have been on the podium if it hadn't rained in Qualifying as he was one of the fastest in the dry. And I think that performance helped his future. But he really needs to do better in the second half of the year considering the car he's got under him.

mrfill - Unregistered

August 05, 2012 1:21 AM

Since returning to (sort of) private ownership, the team has really come on. The car is good and the drivers are the best of the 'new kids' so the results are coming in.

Kamui is still a bit rough at the edges but still good to watch. I do hope his second half of the season is a bit better

Josh - Unregistered

August 05, 2012 1:53 AM

Why do Sauber insist on calling their ultra-conservative strategies 'very risky' when they actually work out? Anyway, she's right that the results don't show the true picture, because if ever there's a better strategy you can rest assured Perez will get it. The team wouldn't have it any other way when the car is plastered in Mexican sponsorship and there's Jose Cuervo after-parties at each race.

Kamui's better than Sauber allow him to be.

JJ - Unregistered

August 05, 2012 3:16 AM

KK is one of my fave drivers. I love when he makes the crazy passes that no one else makes. I would love to see him go to a top team, but I am afraid to say it in that I think Sauber will be the best he's will do.

Fletcher - Unregistered

August 05, 2012 9:26 PM

Josh you are showing your ignorance. So let me get this straight. Sauber pour millions of dollars to develop the C31 and put Kobi a fantastic driver I may add to race and get as much points for the constructors which means millions to the team only to sabotage his races? Do you see how stupid your comment sounds and I'm sure the Sauber team is laughing at you. Remember Kobi is the No 1 driver not Perez. Perez has also being a causality of Saubers strategies.

tucker - Unregistered

August 05, 2012 9:36 PM

Fletcher,
I don't think Josh is saying that Sauber are sabotaging Kamui, but what I think the point he is making is that Sauber show favouritism to Perez, which I agree with. More than once this season Perez has been given the better strategy to Kobayashi and it's paid off for him big time. I personally rate Kobayashi over Perez, but I feel that Perez has more chance to suceed in F1 because of sponsorship, but don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash Perez! I think he too is a great driver, and you can't blame him for using sponsorship to his advantage. Why wouldn't he!

Kobayashi evokes the samw type of emotional response in the fans that Rakkinen does, people want to see him do well, he is a racer and fans like him and his attitude. We all remember his very first GP when he hounded Button , he made a mark on that first day

Josh - Unregistered

August 06, 2012 12:55 AM

@Fletcher - Where did I state that Sauber sabotage KK's races? No, I stated that Perez gets the better strategies when they're available. Completely different. Read tucker's comment, he understood the message I was conveying.