F1 » Ricciardo: I don't think I've done a bad job

Daniel Ricciardo insists that he is not worried about his seat at Toro Rosso despite a poor points return in 2012.

blublz

August 07, 2012 12:36 PM

Down at the back of the grid, sometimes qualifying is the only real barometer for the drivers, dr has done well enough in that respect to earn another season, JEV needs to do a whole lot more to erase the memory of him driving into heiki's car on a straight.

Josh - Unregistered

August 07, 2012 12:44 PM

I don't think he's done a bad job either, but...

"I don't think they're searching for someone to replace me yet"

They don't have to search. That's the beauty (?) of the RBR driver academy. The suits decide they don't like who they've got - so out they go - and there's plenty of drivers in the waiting to throw into the vacant seats. And so the process repeats. RIC will know all too well the nature of the program, and I'm sure he's just playing it cool for the press. But still... better not get too comfortable.

@Taz - Ain't that the truth!

richard

August 07, 2012 2:19 PM

taz. he may be still with str next year, as there is no prospective youngster to take his place.

but,.... perhaps you could point out where he has actually done a job worthy of progression to rbr? and THAT is what he must be judged on. a mid fielder ok, but a prospective wdc (which is what rbr are looking for), on current form...no way!

Taz

August 07, 2012 3:45 PM

@richard

It was a poor attempt at humor. He hasn't done a bad job considering the car is no great shakes. Verne has hardly covered himself in glory and and neither have stood out but they've only been there half a season.

When Vettel really impressed at STR their car was arguably better on occasion than the Red Bull at the time so it was easier to impress, taking away nothing from Vettel's talent.

My point was more that you can't resist talking down DR on any thread he's mentioned on and I stick by that.

richard

August 07, 2012 4:19 PM

taz, having an opinion that is different to yours does not mean that i am talking down ricciardo. the simple fact is that he has done nothing as yet, to indicate that he will ever be anything other than a mid fielder. maybe he can prove me wrong eventually, but until then, i will continue to express my opinion, if that is ok with you. incidentally, your first post was an attack on me, rather than a subjective post about ricciardo. i thought that this was a forum to discuss drivers and cars.

Zildjian - Unregistered

August 07, 2012 5:50 PM

DR has better results in qualifying than JEV.
For me JEV is more agressiv and his race pace is a little better.
and DR is not a real rookie, even if it was a hrt last season.

1 2 3  »