F1 » Button mystified by Ferrari rumours

Jenson Button again denies that he is poised to quit McLaren to team up with Fernando Alonso at Ferrari.

Sean - Unregistered

August 09, 2012 2:17 PM

I used to despise Jenson when I was young and immature. I even beat him in carting, although over the last 4-5 years he's become my idol, more-or-less!... I met him in the Apple store just before the Singapore GP in 2009, he actually remembered me, we had a chat and he really seemed to have got his head together. We had a chat for a few mins and even talked as we walked down Regents Street, thoroughly nice guy... from what he was I must stress!... I'm a die hard Schumacher fan, but to be honest, Jense is fast becoming the man of F1 for me. Go Jense, I would love to see him in a Ferrari, do I think it will ever happen? Unfortunately not!... Still, gotta love Jenson.

Bfdskdfs - Unregistered

August 09, 2012 3:07 PM

No need to be mystified, Jense.... these days, if you are an F1 driver and your name is not Alonso or Massa, you will be linked to a Ferrari seat. Just use your brain and take the best choice - stay at McLaren.

Liam48 - Unregistered

August 09, 2012 5:25 PM

@Sean I know how you feel, I used to beat people at minimoto racing that are now racing at junior world level but at least you can say you beat the 2009 World Champion.

Anyway I think Jenson is a great driver and a really nice guy, he seems like a guy that is really down to earth and easy to have a conversation with.

Going to Ferrari would be a silly move because if he was ever in front of Alonso he would be told to move over which I think he wouldn't do but there is no point in leaving a team where you can win races and have equal status as your team mate. This is just another silly rumour.

Ron Dennis Mum - Unregistered

August 10, 2012 11:44 AM

I haven't heard of any Button-to-Ferrari rumours, so this non-story seems to be the creation (and wishful thinking) of Button's management.

Still he's best off at McLaren having a teammate he can on occasion beat, whereas he would struggle against Alonso.

Pacaud - Unregistered

August 10, 2012 7:26 PM

Button's the 2nd best #2 driver out there. Ferrari need someone who can rack up points and Webber's not available so why not. But, this is so obviously another Button PR ploy. Anything to distract from his lack of performance this year...

nealio

August 10, 2012 9:19 PM

Yeah, it is mystifying. I mean who starts all these Ferrari rumours? Some of them are quite silly too. Where are they all coming from, and why, just lots and lots of Ferrari rumours, to what end I couldn't even guess? Huh?