F1 » VOTE: Which F1 team has the best livery?

Looks aren't everything, right? Tell that to F1 teams who spend millions designing their car liveries! CLICK HERE to tell us which of the 12 different designs look great, and which need junking!

Taz

August 13, 2012 10:29 AM

Lotus looks the best, the blue in the RBR is nice.

Why is the recommended comment about the stepped nose? the thread is supposed to be about livery, not car design.

Thought the Ferrari's looked great back in the Jean Alesi days, a really nice deep red. The very 1st Jordon.

The BAR split livery was just hideous, no wonder they banned it.

Force India looks dreadful, closely followed by the Williams and Sauber.

Shakey - Unregistered

August 13, 2012 2:47 PM

I do like the colour splash for the different drivers on the Merc, but "Silver Arrow" could do with a bit of black to accent in places.

I actually like the Red Bull livery - it fits wonderfully with the personality of the brand and the (love it or hate it) attitude of the team.

But what I want to know is what was up with the salmon pink Williams in the late 90s? I'm sure around my first year of uni ('98) I was watching a race in the wee hours and I couldn't tell the difference between a Williams and Ferrari while they were racing each other because the Williams was a weird pinkish colour!

107SS2009

August 13, 2012 8:11 PM

Richard thanks, I have seen it long time ago, that's not an IC engine, it's a compressed air engine, no cooling, lubrication, or ignition, but all the same fine craftsmanship (Spanish).
Suggest you have a look at a 1/3 scale model replica FERRARI 312PB by Pierre Scerri of Avignon France, best to visit “the model engineering section of the internet craftsmanship museum"

NutBallRacer

August 14, 2012 2:00 AM

Best is Ferrari all the way, with MacLaren a distant second for me -- I wish they'd replace the silver with white, though. Merc nees to go with a nice solid German silver and get rid of the girly trim colors -- I guess they go with Rosberg's lipstick and eye-shadow -- they certainly don't go with Schumi's cold, brave blood! The Lotus' are kind of schitzophrenic -- either get a paint job more directly reminiscent of John Player (Lotus Renault) or get a real nice BRG and yellow-nosed single-striped CAB Chapman scheme (Lotus/Caterham?). The rest are without tradition or merit, and are merely silly billboards that signify nothing but commercialism -- could just as well be NASCAR-type images of boxes for breakfast cereal, detergent, anti-ED pills or feminine sanitary products.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »