F1 » Alonso questions Kubica return

Fernando Alonso question whether Robert Kubica will ever be fit enough to return to F1

Jim Clausen

August 21, 2012 2:14 PM

I don't know anything about Kubica's condition, nor does anyone commenting here. I would like to see him get the chance to return to F1 with a top flight ride. He was/is definitely WDC caliber.

richard

August 21, 2012 2:51 PM

guyfos and cobalt. no, he was NOT driving rally cars. he was at the skoda factory and was pictured with a car, but as he had no movement in his elbow, how on earth could he drive it? and as for the kart, it was an electric kart and his hand was strapped to the wheel. these are facts!
all the reports have been that he lacks mobility in his lower arm, and in photos of him, his right hand is never shown. why do you think that there are reports of him NOW getting behind the wheel, if he was already there last december/january?
of course it was a terrible accident, but the facts do not add up to the so called reports. the recovery is a long process, and he actually had surgery about six weeks ago, to try and regain some mobility.
so we need to be realistic. alonso is closer to robert, and is therfore far more believable than other wild reports.

cobalt - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 5:12 PM

Yet Alonso is not saying that Robert is not returning to F1. As long as his condition is improving RK is going in the right direction. Even if it takes another year, so what? Drivers are still around in their 40s. He may have years of F1 career in front of him, who knows?
I would rather see Robert in F1 later than rallying sooner.

jose - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 5:20 PM

well I think its best I say Nothing..

Hand strapped to the wheel,
electric cart,..inoperative elbow, etc.

Let the old Dog sniff around the archives of the 'New York Post'
and see if i can find the article..Not a payed subscriber.
But I'll have a go!
somethings never change..

Jose

Max Smoot - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 5:22 PM

Until Kubica gives a televised interview all this speculation is a waste of time by people who know little of what they are talking about. For the sake of clarity it would be wise for Kubica to come forward and speak. He will be assured of much understanding from racing fans around the world.

107SS2009

August 21, 2012 6:12 PM

“First and foremost he needs recover total functionality of his body” (Alonso).
So according to a friend of his up to this point in time Kubica doesn't have total body functionality.
Max, the fact that kubica hasn't came forward and speak only means that at least up to this point in time he is not in a condition to do so.
JOSE, please be assured that I am serious in fully ageing with you when you said “well I think its best I say nothing”.

cobalt - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 6:38 PM

Kubica did say that he will let everyone know when he is returning to racing if he knows it himself. But it is too quiet so we can dwell on the rumours in the meantime.

richard

August 21, 2012 7:00 PM

sunny. i love the last line of your comment!
i know that there are many who want to see robert back, but they really need to be realists. when robert is seen driving a car at speed again, then i will believe that he is fully recovered, but until then i will remain a "doubting thomas"!

FreeJack - Unregistered

August 21, 2012 7:03 PM

He is not recovering from a cut or scratch...his hand was basically severed from his arm, for crying out loud. It's absolutely amazing that they were able to re-attach it and that it still works. But to be able to endure the rigors of driving a Formula 1 car over the course of 60+ laps with it? I seriously doubt it.

107SS2009

August 21, 2012 7:31 PM

Richard, I was dead serious with Jose but I doubt he have the IQ count to weigh it up.
I am one of those that would like to see Kubica back driving in F1 but being a realist and able to use common sense I cannot at least for the time being see the light at the end of the tunnel.
As I have explained some time ago we F1 followers are virtually bombarded with news/speculations/suppositions and writers personal opinion, experience following F1has thought me to filter/sieve all this information very carefully before forming my opinion.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »