F1 » F1 car livery vote part 2: and the winner is...

The votes are in, and it's finally time to reveal the top six cars on the 2012 starting grid in terms of looks - including the one you ranked as the best one of all.

richard

August 28, 2012 6:25 PM

i didnt bother voting for any team. however, look at the accompanying photo. which two cars are instantly recognisable? they are the rbr first, and ferrari second. not saying that they are the "best" livery but they sure are the most recognisable.

FreeJack - Unregistered

August 28, 2012 6:30 PM

I'm partial to the Red Bull, I think it's a great looking color combination and I like the visuals. Of course they're going to plaster Red Bull across the side in big bold letters, that's why they're paying to run a team in Formula 1...advertising! But personally, I think it's one of the most iconic liveries in motorsports today. McLaren is too, but I just don't think their livery is that imaginative - silver and red. Whoopee.

Nick Schertzinger - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 1:58 AM

Funny I dont even remember anyone (strangely) mentioning Mclitin? How did their 'styling' make the top five?? Its like they were going to make it as Red as possible, without copying (completely) the Scuderia Ferrari. We all have our preferences though and each for what ever reason. I cant like a 'Silver arrow' -that isn't- though, glad Merc are back with the REAL silver arrow. I think the Mcl would look soo much bettter in like orange from the Porsche/Marlboro days They should have kept the 'orange' and brought in more 'black' or dark purple. lol. Maybe they should have just kept the car and the sponsors -lol

Firestorm - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 10:16 AM

To be honest I also gave a 10 out of ten to Lotus, McLaren and Ferrari. You have little choice between these 3 teams. But Ferrari still is the best looking car for me. Apart from the ugly stepped nose all the other parts of the car are simply amazing (the wings, sidepods, the engine cover etc. are simply wonderful). Since 2006 McLaren always liked to me, always beautiful. And as I said before I think Williams would make the top 4 along with these three cars.

Ben1

August 29, 2012 12:22 PM

Funny that the 'traditional livery' of the Lotus is originally only a cigarette advertisemant. Is JPS paying to Lotus for this colour scheme? If not, I bet they are thankful to the team. Of course, only if it's still on the market.

buck bundy - Unregistered

August 29, 2012 2:14 PM

Unfortunately someone was brave enough to tamper with the Ferrari scheme, when Marlboro got them to change form scarlet to Marlboro red after Enzo died.

That's why they are only a lowly 3rd.

« 1 2 3  »