F1 » Button: It’s been too long!

Jenson Button takes his first pole since 2009 in qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix

Liam48

September 01, 2012 3:18 PM

Hopefully this pole will not only give him confidence for tomorrow but for the rest of the year and he can pick up a couple of more poles and a couple of more race wins, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and Kobayashi... WOW!

kokoouniversity - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 3:24 PM

"I have a style that is difficult to have a car that works for me in qualifying. But when it does I get pole."

what?!
can anybody explain me how can a setting be slow in qualifying and fast in the race?

Pole Position - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 3:25 PM

@ Liam48 I agree it was a great result. But, I'm not going to go so far as saying more poles or wins for Button. As u should know every track is different. One race at a time should be the motto. I think people are forgetting how mighty Raikkonen is around this track. Raikkonen for the win.

EnRiCo47

September 01, 2012 3:30 PM

So who still thinks Button should be Hamilton s running supporting act.!?@#

Talk.. talk..talk..

Let the drivers and the race do all the relevant talking.

So were are all this bloody experts now..??

Just learn to watch the 2 hours race, and enjoy boys..,all the rest is drivel...

Liam48

September 01, 2012 3:31 PM

@Pole Position I'm merely suggesting that it could just give him a confidence boost to perform better after the horrible season he's had this year.

I agree I would love to see Raikkonen win the race also tomorrow as it would be brilliant for his comeback year and to his championship challenge.

I would love to see a race between Button and Raikkonen tomorrow which I think will happen and I wouldn't know who to route for.

richard

September 01, 2012 3:42 PM

kokoo. i like the "university" in your name. it should mean that you know something about racing. if you saw sky sports, you will have heard brundle and hill discussing this. a car with more downforce in quali, could be faster in the race. this is due to tyre use etc. apart from that, there are some who can put in quick one lap times, but unable to string 50 together. lets see what tomorrow brings.

George - Unregistered

September 01, 2012 3:57 PM

Button has no chance of winning the title. What people aren't looking at is that he IS helping Hamilton by being ahead of all of the championship contenders on the grid, and if he can do the same in the race its a job well done.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »