F1 » Button not taking issue with Hamilton tweet

Jenson Button insists that he will not allow his team-mate's Twitter 'leak' to affect McLaren's F1 title pursuit.

wheeltowheel - Unregistered

September 05, 2012 11:28 AM

Hi richard thank you but I am not sure I could handle being registered.
There is so much rubbish posted here it does my head in. Hate is one thing but the distinct lack of logical argument is another.
Thank goodness for the other people like you and Taipan with whom we can exchange knowledgable comments. There are several others of course.
Not sure re Auto Union story. It is possible. Hitler was chancellor in 33, and the race team was based at Zwickau where there was a large labour camp comprised of undesirables who did work in the car programme. Development started in 33, Auto Union being formed in 32 from several companies including DKW and Audi. They say the concept VW was first designed by a Jew, Josef Ganz in 31. Hitler copied it.
Very interesting story. Several Auto Union race cars ended up in Russia after the war.

richard

September 05, 2012 1:42 PM

wheeltowheel. i am a bit lost in your response to roger!

registering gives you some protection against the number of posters who try to stir up trouble by using various names, including yours or mine. all the regulars have suffered from this. so i only use registered name. incidentally, you can blank out all the deluded fanboys, as they are , in the main unregistered. you can use the filter at the top of the page.

you will also find that some of us such as ty, sunny etc (and even rob....sorry rob!) can have great discussions on f1, during the off season

Pole Position - Unregistered

September 05, 2012 2:46 PM

@ wheeltowheel Lewis Hamilton is not my "Boy". I'm just a fan of his driving. I don't care about his personal life like some of u guys do. You can claim Jenson Button to be your "Boy" all u want. That's your prerogative.

wheeltowheel - Unregistered

September 05, 2012 3:24 PM

Richard
Roger let loose and I replied. His post was 5 hours ago, edited 4 hours ago so I guess some of it got wiped.
Polpos I am not now nor ever have been interested in Lewis Hamilton's personal life.
I am fast becoming less interested in his F1 life as well.

Taipan

September 06, 2012 12:28 PM

Richard, The AU story comes from Classic and Sportscar magazine many years ago. Concentration camps were first started in 1932 and '33 and Auto Union were still building race cars in '39 so the time line is ok. And a few of them survive, from what I know 1 type C, 3 type D's and 1 type C/D hillclimb car still exists.
There was a TV prog a few years ago about one of the type D's going to auction to be sold, it was expected to be the most expensive car ever to be auctioned, but there were some questions over it's absolute originality and it didn't sell. I think Audi later confirmed that it was completely original.
As wheeltowheel said, 18 AU cars were hidden in a colliery near the factory when things started going tits up for the Nazi's during the war, they were claimed as war trophies by the Red Army and every now and then bit's of the cars surface in Russia.

richard

September 06, 2012 1:10 PM

ty. point taken, but i still cannot see a star being in the casting, and not noticed. incidentally there will be a number of mercs and auto unions at goodwood next week! (see classic and sportscar!)

Taipan

September 06, 2012 2:15 PM

Richard, the story claims that the star was on the underside of the casting, possibly on the face that mated to the intake manifold (I don't remember exactly, I read the story some time ago) and was only seen when the car was being stripped and cleaned during an extensive renovation. I remember it saying the renovators were quite shocked to find it, hairs on the neck standing up etc.
I've never made it to Goodwood, you going this year?

richard

September 06, 2012 4:01 PM

ty. hardly on a flange to a gasket! these have to be machined dead smooth so as to preven air leaks. but i suppose there was not so much care in those days.

goodwood? alas no, will be in rb country!

« 2 3 4 5 6