F1 » Hamilton hammers home McLaren Monza message

Lewis Hamilton repeated his team-mate's lights-to-flag victory in Belgium to break his Italian GP duck and refire his F1 championship assault.

kimki - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 2:15 AM

Serioulsy what's going on between McLaren (or at least Withmarsh) & Hamilton? Noted alot of weird things: There was a lot more communication with Button's car than Hamilton's (unless they were not aired).
Also was kinda surprised when Whitmarsh in some interview (Sky Sport) asked about Hamilton's victory just switched to the team and then Button (how he struggled and blablabla...)as if it didn't count.He was more in consoling Button than congratulating Hamilton...And the latter didn't seem that "happy" even though he won! Things really seem to be falling apart between them !!!

Sean - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 8:28 AM

@Richard, I finally think I have a very good idea of where you are coming from... and I'm going to be very honest ... I am in full agreement with you ... another spot on post ... :-)

Now back on to the post ... This one has taken quite a few different directions ... but to be honest, I find it laughable that Lewis fans have the audacity to rip into Grosjean and to constantly highlight the number of incidents that he has been involved in ... let's not forget who was join leader of the penalty board last year guys! Oh what short memories ...

Oh, and I have yet to meet or talk to many real hardened Lewis fans who have been following F1 any longer than he has been in it... I'm sure you will all correct me now, but see, you can say anything from behind a computer screen.

Get ready for the majority of dislikes ... lol

Judge Dread - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 8:42 AM

Hadn't it been for operational errors Lewis would be leading the Championship right now, he has driven flawlessly and so has Alonso, however, Lewis has had three DNF that were not his fault,one a puncture, and taken out twice by other drivers, operational errors has cost him over forty points yet still he is in second place whilst Alonso has had only one DNF as for Button he can't get lucky all the time.

I think we all recognise that Whitmarsh is a Button fan and never gives Lewis credit when it is deserved but always speaks well of Button, does anyone out thefe really think Button can lead this team, he is always moaning about this or the other

Sean - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 11:18 AM

@ Judge Dread ... Had it not of been for Ferrari starting the season with a dog of a car, one could argue that Alonso would be even FURTHER ahead in the championship!... or the fact that Red Bull had to "tweak" their design, or even Mercedes bringing a stronger aero package ... I could go on, and on and on!...

The fact is, it is what it is!... these things tend to even themselves out over a season, and I didn't see you comment in defense of any other driver who has had issues.

"What if's", and "it could have been's" don't go down well as you fail to acknowledge that Lewis hasn't been the only one in field to suffer issues!... I could name 20 or 30 right here.

One thing I will say is that Lewis hasn't really been robbed of a win, points definitely, but not a win by the issues that he has suffered.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Judge Dread - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 1:46 PM

Sean you stand corrected, had Maclaren than messed up Lewis would have won the race Maldonado won, Lewis would have started on Pole but had to start from the back of the grid because of operational issues.

Alonso has been lucky so far but there is still time for him to have issues

Peter Newbold - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 5:48 PM

Judge Dread, isn't that the name of the game, you win some, you loose some. Most teams have problems at some time during the season. What you have to do is live with it and look to the next race.

If Alonso has been lucky so far, I hope it stays that way :-)

« 1 2 3 4