F1 » JYS to Hamilton: McLaren best option long-term

Sir Jackie Stewart and McLaren Group chairman Ron Dennis have both voiced the opinion that the Woking team carries Lewis Hamilton's best hopes of future F1 success.

Firestorm - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 10:16 AM

Stewart said to Hamilton and Vettel not to leave their respective teams. He too said Button should not leave Brawn-Mercedes for McLaren. I think that was a smart move for Jenson. Only the mechanical failure of yesterday race means that he cannot challenge Hamilton this season. Maybe Hamilton should not leave, but no one can know if McLaren will be able to win in the future years.Even in this year it will be touch. Spa and Monza are low downforce circuits, the other tracks not so much so Red Bull will be stronger during the rest of the season, and they still led the constructors championship.Ferrari too are strong at any circuit and Alonso is still the best driver, better than Hamilton and everyone else at the moment, so it will not be easy.

Darbo - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 10:19 AM

I think they should give the boy his trophies instead of replicas
and stop making snide comments as to employing him or not
maybe then he wouldnt feel so peed off about the job

tiksop - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 11:22 AM

he's not happy at Mclaren because he has someone who can challenge his position, in equal machinery. I want to keep my trophies, me, me, me, me. Just a spoilt little brat.

jose - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 11:52 AM

Actually the real story should be, can McLaren afford to loose
Lewis Hamilton...methinks not.. He is on top of the F1 world
he calmed that position after his first year in F1.
McLaren has the most to loose. Who will replace him? Matters
little what ever driver, he will be judge by the mask of Hamilton.
When the F1 racing world speaks, the word is Hamilton. We hear
little about the current 2x World Champ, and not much about
the older champion Schumacher (sp).
The true is what team can afford 'Not' to have a Lewis Hamilton.
Lewis Fan base = Sponsors= money.. We All know F1 is about
money..Ron Dennis and company may make a decision that no
excuse will compensate.

Old Dog, Jose

Harold

September 10, 2012 12:26 PM

I have tried my best not to dislike Lewis Hamilton over the last 5 and a half year. I attempted, knowing that he has been molly coddled the whole way through the junior ranks to not let that taint my thoughts towards him.

However I can no longer honestly sit here and say I support him. He is a whinger, has completely lost the plot in terms of his self importance and honestly believes he is some sort of brand or star beyond driving a car. Big deal Lewis, big phucking deal.

If I was McLaren I would tell him to do one. He would be nowhere with out Mclaren, end of story.

runnah - Unregistered

September 10, 2012 1:37 PM

It seems as if the dmagae has already been done within the team. Once member of a group get to the point of snide comments, backstabbing and outright disrespect its very hard to get that back.

I think for the sake of Hamilton's career and the Mclaren team a parting of ways would be best.

blublz

September 10, 2012 2:02 PM

Some team members seem to think he should just 'do one' and leave and Ron apparently didnt even raise a smile when he received his/Rons winners trophy.

EnRiCo47

September 10, 2012 2:27 PM

Active drivers wins :

Schumacher 91
Alonso 30
Vettel 22
Hamilton 20 ( not 19 ) @@@@@@
M.Raik. 18
Button 14
Massa 11
Webber 9

Thanks to Schumy for a total of 215 wins the most successful line up in F1 history.

Crashnet @@ amend Hamilton s wins,please