F1 » Domenicali: Vettel not a dirty driver

Stefano Domenicali says he doesn't think Sebastian Vettel is a dirty driver despite Monza penalty

Taz

September 11, 2012 9:18 PM

@mg

When bernie got his hands on it and it turned into a large corporate entity it really stopped been a gentleman's sport, too much money at stake.

Some drivers are gentleman (Button springs to mind) but it's not a gentleman's sport as such...money corrupts all....always

It's 2012, money rules it would seem

Oli - Unregistered

September 11, 2012 9:31 PM

@Mark

If it was my opinion, had they touched I would have said it was Alonso's fault for trying to drive around the outside when there wasn't space.

But I accept, with the new rules this year, the rulebook will say it was Seb's fault.

As I say, it's not either driver I have an issue with. I just think it's a stupid rule that basically, if you get your front wing alongside someone elses rear wheel, then they can't defend anymore.

As I mentioned earlier, watch Arnoux v Villeneuve and see what racing used to be like. How many times did one if them have their nose alongside the other's rear wheel only to be run out of road? It wasn't dirty, it was just racing. It's how it still should be, but the rulemakers appear to think differently.

Oli

ghog

September 11, 2012 9:34 PM

@Bebe Rebozo-"More and more "The Finger" is using his car like a weapon. Can't wait until he tries it with Louise"

Honestly LMAO when I read your post - please tell me which planet you are on and the colour of it's sky?

Do you actually watch any Motor Racing?

blublz

September 12, 2012 12:47 AM

Sky Sports after race show featured Anthony Davidson showing onboard footage of the Ferrari's front wheels level with the rear wheels of the Red Bull, continues to gain until the front wheels are level with Vettels side pod while the Red Bull continues to run Alonso out of road. This year (as pointed out earlier) that is not allowed. He then showed last year, exiting the turn from a head on camera, we see Alonso straightening the car while leaving more than a cars width, Vettel (Martin Brundle 'keeping his foot in') running wider than necessary and putting his wheels off the circuit, but still managing to find enough grip to beat the Ferrari on the drag down to the bridge.

bamza

September 12, 2012 4:38 AM

End of the day drivers like Kimi and Alonso have enough old school class not to endanger another driver the way Vettel did. Its called keeping it in perspective. For a few points more ?

Bebe Rebozo - Unregistered

September 12, 2012 7:18 AM

@ghog
I have watched F1 since the late 70's. Sporadically from 70's - 1989. Regularly since then, probably missed seeing less than 15 races. I have attended the Canadian Grand Prix 8 times, the Catalunya race 9 times, Valencia once (that's more than enough). I have seen countless days of testing at Montmelo, but I am really more of a bike racing fan.
I suffered the Schumacher years and now have to endure the tactics of Mr. Pouty Lip,Finger,Sucky- Blowy,Bendy-Bouncy car.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »