F1 » Webber: F1 is not a finishing school

Mark Webber says that drivers need to take responsibility for their actions on track before F1's luck runs out.

CommodoreS

September 13, 2012 4:34 PM

Nope. No Political Correctness.

I have already said Motorsport is Dangerous
and your above comment agrees with that.

And yes accidents will allways occur. Thats natural.

As I said in my first statement it takes a particular style of person to undertake and compete in Motorsport.

We accept the risks however in the same vein seek avenues to eliminate serious risk.

If I am an idiot for thinking in that manner so be it.

It doesn't say I will walk away from the sport.

feck. - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 4:35 PM

dont know if anyone has ever applied for a motorsport racing license before but you have to sign a disclaimer stating you understand that motorsport is dangereous and are aware of the risks which may include fatality.....
that being said yes safety is paramount and no nobody wants to se cars flying in the air and potentially killing people. you can make improvements but at what cost to the sport you wouldnt want to see training wheels on a motorbike so the riders didnt fall off..... i think webber is a big supporter of the open wheel and cockpit formula hence he is in a F1 car but his approach to a solution is far better for the sport than closing the wheels or cockpit... sit the eager beaver down and tell em its 50 odd laps not 5. get through the first corner then decide what your going to do.

jose - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 4:39 PM

jumbobit,

First let me say that F1 is not by a long shot as safe as it can be..
Many to day are working to make the sport safer..changes are
needed and will come..as for crashing at 200kph the out come is
always in doubt.. matters little what you are driving, pray for a smile from 'Lady Luck' hold tight that Rabbit Foot, bad things can and will happen...Better still, try it, then you will understand!!
Nuts!!

Tha badman, Jose

jose - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 4:51 PM

commadore,

Many thanks a wonderful explanation baby..
My younger days was .. make a 'safe start' .. cool it doing the first lap
settle in..Then 'home in' on those red exhaust pipes..Go get-em !!

Jose

CommodoreS

September 13, 2012 4:53 PM

@ feck

In addition to your comment with an International Licence whilst the disclaimer is in place with relevant Medicals we are also subject to Mandatory Insurance which is quite substantial and has overall
protection..

Thanks Jose

feck. - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 4:55 PM

@commodoreS thats nice to know, but irrelavant to the conversation, a piece of paper saying your insured isnt going to stop the car next to you from hitting you :) hahaha

jose - Unregistered

September 13, 2012 5:14 PM

feck, Thumbs up to you as well Commodore, you post says it all
I hope jumbobit gets the message..

Actually just having fun. Some of Crash regulars really take what I
say way to serious..I try to be truthful as i can. Lies and half truth
is unacceptable to me taking that action as set me adrift fron some
here, Matters little. A lie can never be the truth.
Badman Jose I was called by my mechanic and others after a win at
the Glen after starting from the pits, man I still remember..

Just funnin