F1 » Hamilton future 'to be known by Singapore'

Reports suggest that Lewis Hamilton's F1 future will be decided by Singapore next weekend

rob01

September 14, 2012 12:25 PM

Alonso confirmed “I have said he is the only one capable of winning without having the best car. The others win if the car is good, and when it is not good, they do not win.

FA said this yesterday...ouch vettel

Liam48 - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:34 PM

@Dylan you're a brilliant case of blind Hamilton fanboyism. Take off those rose tinted glasses & see the real picture. I'm pretty sure Button would do fine without Hamilton there, he started with Hamilton's base set up ONCE!

Also if he took Barrichello's set up then why didn't Barrichello become champion? I know you highly dislike Button but don't start making up rubbish comments.

I hope he does move, his time at McLaren must surely come to an end now, he has been groomed by McLaren since the age of 13, he hasn't had to work to get into Formula 1 as most others have so he's lost humility, maybe if he moves to Mercedes he will learn some maturity & humility. Also as a fellow Scorsman I would love to see di Resta get a chance.

felix rae - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:40 PM

I personally don't really care what Hamilton is like as a person. He is a great driver, and a pleasure to watch on track. I really don't care about the off track politics. I'm a F1 fan.
No matter what he does, there will always be people that don't like him.
It is always people on this site that make us aware that they don't like him, that are the people that I see comment on his every story (You know who you are).
At the end of the day, everybody talks about him, and that is why I'm a Fan. I look forward to seeing him upset people in the many years to come.
Go Lewis!!!

SpeedD - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 12:46 PM

For simply being competitive and striving to win, Lewis is hated, Television channels dont even want to show the unfortunate booing at Monza, behaviour reminiscent of racist chants in Spain a few years ago. No other driver in F1 is subjected to these things. Yes, he has made costly mistakes and I hope he has learned from them. I really respect people like Alonso who view Lewis from the competence point of view and not all that other nonsense that forces people to lose objectivity.
I will be happy to see Lewis move to Mercedes, Brawn is by far smarter that Whitmarsh, people will see what Lewis will do with that car next year.

insideline - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 1:05 PM

Never seen Alonso as a comedian before BUT he is actually a pretty funny guy.
He said "If I had to choose between Hamilton and Vettel, I would choose Raikkonen!"
Absolutely classic comment!
For the Hamfanjitas please read Lewis and Jenson's McLaren career summaries for the past 2.5 years. You will see that their are very similar, except that Jenson beat him last year.
It's OK, you can use your fingers and move your lips while you are reading.

pilsbury - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 1:17 PM

Hamilton is in my view, one of the top two drivers in F1, but if he goes to Mercedes, i think he might win a few races at the start of a seasonif they build a decent car, but historicly (in various guises) they have been poor at developing the package (they JUST about held on as brawn) so he can kiss another title goodbye if he goes there. So IF it is true that he is only interested in winning (which i don't believe) he won't go there. The other factor, is that as he is managed by a well known management group, they will want the biggest payout they can get, so they may well be focused on their own interests rather than hamiltons.

LJ - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 1:20 PM

There ya go slipping in Di Resta again at the end. The only place where there are rumours about that guy is from the media and the media loves talking about itself when it comes to F1 it seems.

I'll be very surprised if he goes to Mercedes who don't seem capable of building a truly competitive car for a whole season. If he wants to win more titles his best shot is staying where he is and keeping his head down.

Jose - Unregistered

September 14, 2012 1:46 PM

Funny....
Everyone is talking about Mercedes, yet the only possibility is Ferrari. Experts say that FA would not like it. I think that FA would not give a shoot, moreover it would be the perfect time to show who is who, and I do not think FA is afraid.
FA is not the boss, but Ferrari
Money talks, Santander and its interest
Good for the show, yes things are changing, just ask uncle Bernie
Mercedes might not been there for too long
Ferrari is a destination for any driver
The secret is too absurd to be maintained for so long
The evil is not FA but RD, he is the one who sc-ed everything, and the force to be recon with, he was in Monza last week
It would ensure the contractors championship to Ferrari
Jose in Toronto