F1 » Mallya: We can still catch Sauber

Force India boss Vijay Mallya hopes to see his team overhaul Sauber before he end of the season

jose - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 1:58 PM

I don't see your team even getting close to Sauber. Perez has been
close to posting a win. I really expect that to continue..Hulk has
been collecting points but not near the top five..Di Resta (sp) coupled
with bad luck and not showing much pace (I expected more) has for
me, been (over rated) a unexpected disappointment.
Methinks maybe next season..

Badman, Jose

Ambik - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 4:09 PM

I don't know how Mr. Mallya would justify that? The development of VJM05 has been stopped as said by Jakob and now they are concentrating on next years challenger. The team is still small. I heard a story of former Ferrari man Chris Dyer to join the team but I guess its just a rumor. And catching Sauber? I mean cummon,look at their car and they are still developing it.They have an aero upgrade for Singapore. I agree the VJM05 has some potential though for a big result but its quite unlikely with the development pace of the surrounding teams. So forget Sauber's,instead they should concentrate on the Williams and defend 7th position.

LJ - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 4:57 PM

The only way they can catch Sauber is if Sauber have even more bad luck. Sauber should be ahead of Mercedes right now if things had run smoothly for them this season.

Also I'm not really sure why anyone would stop development on this years car to focus on next years as the regulations aren't changing much until 2014. It would be better to focus on the 2014 car early, like now if they really want to leap frog the other teams.

pizzaboy

September 18, 2012 5:54 PM

Less likely. They better focus on holding off Willams. Pastor can very well score another podium if he manages not to crash.

SFI may however try to keep consistent as Sauber are not firing with both the guns.

Taz

September 18, 2012 10:24 PM

I honestly expected better from them, Sauber have got to grips with the tyres much better though....in checo's hands anyway.

Think Kobayashi has been a little overlooked, although it's understandable.