F1 » Jake Humphrey to leave BBC F1

Jake Humphrey to leave the BBC for BT

Buck Bundy - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 1:50 PM

I've not watched any F1 on BBC since it went to Sky (well apart from 5 minutes to see how Ben was doing as I'd hoped he would go to Sky). I had hoped this story was going to say Jake was moving to Sky, as Simon whathisface isn't anywhere near as good as Jake, and DC was better than Damon Hill, though I do like Johnny Herbert.

Football, eh? Jake's gone down in my estimation!

no problemo - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 1:55 PM

He was good but basically just a sort of standard modern sports presenter and therefore easily replaceable.

EJ is neither modern or standard, and Coulthard has really grown into the job but more importantly both of them are well woven into the F1 fabric and can get a word out of just about anyone.

Overall then, no problem.

PS, I give it a couple more years max before it all comes back to the BBC.

Nick - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 1:59 PM

Thank god for that - ever since he started presenting F1, its felt like watching Cbeebies.

I kept expecting a telly tubby to jump out from behind him.

Wayne rooneys hair - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 2:03 PM

sky coverage is a cast of thousands spewing the same points to fill the extra hrs. How anyone finds that better is bizarre.
I think travelling around the uk shoving a microphone in some ex footy players face for a quote suits JH better as he can be home for tea.

Mark - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 2:11 PM

I wasn't ever keen on Jake but once I started watching F1 on sky I realised he's not actually that bad compared to Simon lazenby. Simon is rubbish in my opinion, comes out with some stuff sometimes thinking he knows his stuff when actually a few times when he's been interviewing people it seems like some of the supposed knowledge he comes out with seems ridiculous and I feel embarrassed for him about things he's said to people while interviewing.

Lewis the great - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 2:37 PM

Garry, totally agree about EJ.

As for Jake he makes presenting look so easy he knows what to say when to say it and knows how to cope with any situation and i feel he generally makes fellow pundits and guests feel at ease he is a sort of Garry Lineker with his youthful looks but funny and wise comments. Good luck to him.

Liam48

September 18, 2012 2:56 PM

This is such a shame. I think he is the best sports presenters out there right now not only in the UK but Worldwide & his passion for Formula 1 is what makes it so special to watch. I feel with him moving on BBC with loose more viewers as Jake, Eddie & DC are a brilliant presenter/pundit group and their good nature & banter comes across as something fresh in the high business world of Formula 1.

It's such a shame that this team will break up and they're the reason I watch BBC instead of Sky. I wish him all the best with BT and hope he comes back to Formula 1 sooner rather than later

LJ - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 2:57 PM

I'm not really sure I care tbh, since I will be getting Sky F1 as soon as I can afford the upgrade. Since BBC went part time on F1 the quality has dropped considerably. I tend to mostly skip the pre-show stuff with the trio anyway.

piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 3:00 PM

On a related subject, does anyone do what I do and watch sky apart from the race (simply because they provide such a long programme), then switch to BBC for the actual race (for Ben Edwards' commentary)?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »