F1 » Jake Humphrey to leave BBC F1

Jake Humphrey to leave the BBC for BT

TheKycz

September 18, 2012 3:19 PM

Sad to see so many people moaning about the sky coverage. Even though its a 10 times better than bbc and more technical (which is what the true F1 fans want) your all happy to watch it illegally online. Well my advice to you is your paying to watch a multi-million pound sport. If you dont like watching sky I'm sure the bbc will supply you with tennis or some crap.

mrfill

September 18, 2012 3:24 PM

I have BBC on prior to the race to avoid Simon Golfman and the 2 old dears babbling, watch a sky stream for the gridwalk then put on BBC (to watch in HD) and use Brundle/Croft commentary rather than the hysteric Edwards. Doesnt help with the non-live BBC races though.

Jake has been the first F1 anchorman who has been good. Remember Rosenthal, or Rider.... no, don't....
I guess this means the most interesting person on the BBC coverage will be the much improved Gary Anderson. EJ is just irritating and DC has mutated into Kryton from Red Dwarf. The BBC aren't trying very hard and I expect live F1 will be off their books sooner rather than later. PAY UP SCUM....

Taz

September 18, 2012 3:39 PM

@mrfill

Your an idiot.

What happens when you live in an MDU where the building cannot have a sky dish (listed building)...or worse still there is only a single cable feed into the flats which only allows a single feed Sky setup which trust me is useless and makes a standard duel tuner freeview box look sophisticated, I worked in the industry designing software, I know all the technology.

Your alternative is to pay a silly fee for the Sky bolt on to Virgin (if the street is cabled) or a silly fee for the Sky Sports on to a Talk Talk box.

it's not a case of just paying up....if you think your not SCUM by lining the Murdochs pockets then I pity you :rolleyes:

Droog - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 3:43 PM

I actually have only started having access to F1 broadcasts since late 2009, and so have no real comparisons to past masters in JH's role. Both Murray Walker and Jonathan Legard struck me as being too hyperbolic, and I was happy to see Martin Brundle take over the commentary prior to his switch to Sky.

Coulthard is simply annoying IMHO.

Eddie needs to just go away, he was amusing for a season or two, now I just cringe when I see him corral some poor schmuck in the pit lane for a comment on some outrageous question.

Lee McKenzie is very good, but I get the impression that she is not cut out for a main presenters role, I hope I am wrong, but she seems very uncomfortable. Perhaps she is too intelligent for that job.

And Gary Anderson originally made me fast forward the broadcast, until I realized that he actually knows what he's talking about. He tweaks my Geek.

So overall, Jake is a loss, since EJ and DC are a waste of space, Lee will move up I suppose, but that will also be a waste

Droog - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 3:55 PM

@Taz,
there are options for anyone with high-speed internet connection, I grab all of the FP's Qually and Race in HD within an hour of the session finishing (MotoGP,GP2 & 3 + more as well). It cost me 50 bucks to avoid the ratio, but worth every penny. Lemme know if you want details, here is probably not the best place to drop that.

Tom - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 4:34 PM

Simon is embarassing, even compared to Rosenthal and Rider who I disliked at the time, at least they'd shut up and let Jardine or whoever was on there talk. Jake's always been as entertaining and knowledgeable as youre gonna get from a live presenter, honestly just hope this BT thing flops and he's back on Sky :p

tie pin - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 4:51 PM

If some of you can't/won't pay for sky and has a friend that does, ask if he would let you use one of his sky go apps. Each sky customer can register two devices to watch live sky and on demand. The device can be a smartphone, a PC/laptop or iPad or an Xbox. I personally use an Xbox that way I get to watch it on my TV. If your friends nice he might let you have it for free. P.S I thought Jake did a good job and will be missed

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »