F1 » Jake Humphrey to leave BBC F1

Jake Humphrey to leave the BBC for BT

Futini - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 8:34 PM

Just a couple of facts that should be stated. Apologies if this a slap in the face with a fish for some of you.

Rupert Murdoch/ News intercorpwhatever owns a third of BSkyB Broadcasting. He was blocked from buying the rest and taking over.

The BBC is not 'Free to air'. You pay for it, every year by buying a TV license. Yes that's right, it's a legal requirement to pay your BBC subscription if you own a TV but Sky is 100% optional.

Droog

September 18, 2012 8:46 PM

@Taz,
Cheers,
Register, and then wait for a day or so, you should get a great special offer in you rPM box. If you donate, 30 quid, and basically a free for all.
The cash only goes to pay for the server farm.
Check the Motorsports page, lots of stuff, BTC, Indy, Aussie V8's etc.
Enjoy.

Taipan

September 18, 2012 8:59 PM

I'll miss Jake, wasn't too sure of him to start with but he's done a great job. He acts like an excited fan at times which is nice.

Taz, Try googling "eplsite" I use it sometimes, shows all the F1 coverage free and the links are usually pretty good.

PMG - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 9:59 PM

I'm sorry Jake's leaving, like others I thought Jake was a lifer as far as the Beeb goes. My guess he's been offered a bucket of cash to do this. Plus for some weird reason he likes watching an old ball being kicked about, and wants to talk about it. Still, it is silly season.

As for his replacement, who else but the lovey Lee Mckenzie. She has already shown she can do the job a few times now. I'm still waiting to see her in That red dress Vettel went on about. Sure made her go red when he said it on air!

Andy - Unregistered

September 18, 2012 10:06 PM

@tom "Lifelong dream of presenting prem football......really dot understand how sitting in a room talking rubbish about 22 blokes kicking round a ball can come close to travelling the world presenting formula 1....each to their own I guess but seems mental to me!!"

Makes sense to me. Chances are that F1 will not be with BBC for very much longer so he was already looking around. Add in the fact that he and his girlfriend are expecting a baby next year, and I would suspect that he wants to be around for that and play dad.

Taz

September 18, 2012 10:15 PM

Think the big fellow leaving is a loss, guess they know it's slowly going down hill. Still the best commentary team I reckon.

@Taipan
Cheers, much appreciated....it's on "council" telly this weekend.

Orville Burns - Unregistered

September 19, 2012 8:51 AM

Will be glad to see the back of him he is definately a presentor that cant hide his 'biase' towards 'favourites'. Including the biggest failure and sulker in F1. It might make F1 worth watching when he's gone.

piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

September 19, 2012 11:09 AM

Taz, thats a really silly post from you a few pages back. Describing people who subscribe to Sky as scum (that includes me) is insulting many people who either subscribe despite misgivings about Murdoch's ethics (I'd include myself in that group) or who are actually ignorant of the link between what they watch on a sunday afto and Murdoch (I'd suggest most people based on my knowledge). What you appear to be saying is if someone (ie you) don't like the ethics of the person providing the service, you'll steal off them instead. Very ethical in itsself.

piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

September 19, 2012 11:13 AM

You also don't appear to know the technology, or Sky's offering, as well as you claim. I don't live in a listed house but I CHOOSE to take my F1 using Sky Go, which just nees a sky subscription, and an internet connection. so do a number of friends.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »