F1 » F1 POLL: Does Schumacher deserve Suzuka grid penalty?

Did the stewards make the right decision when they gave Michael Schumacher a ten-place grid penalty for crashing into the back of Jean-Eric Vergne? To submit your vote, simply, CLICK HERE...

piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

September 25, 2012 11:01 AM

Mercedes can come out with whatever PR speak they want, any car ****nding another at a closing speed of 50mph with wheels locked has a dimwit driving it. Now that's my dislike of MS showing through, but what justifies that dislike, and what will tarnish his achievements forever, is his inability to admit fault after the incident - I was embarrassed for him, listening to his weak excuses. Contrast that with Indycar driver Will Power who lost the title last week by parking his car in the wall. It merged later that he was driving a bit of a dog, but almost before the wreck came to a halt he was had told his team 'sorry, my fault'. That's class.

F1 FAN - Unregistered

September 25, 2012 12:13 PM

youtube.com/watch?v=K1cW454xqcA

someone else please watch that video a few times and tell me if they also see the car come very unsettled/something go wrong just before the lockup.. thoughts? plain as day

bob - Unregistered

September 25, 2012 12:16 PM

Also makes me laugh that people on here are saying that it was an accident, a mistake, and you shouldn't get penalized for accidents.

Right, so I guess Grosjean's penalty was fully deserved because it was quite obvious to all that he set out fully intending to ruin Hamilton's race by rubbing tires with him and causing a pile up!

Chris - Unregistered

September 25, 2012 1:24 PM

Anyone know if Mercedes are investigating a possible technical problem or has it been put down to driver error, end of story. Merc have been very very quiet about the whole thing.
With Lewis probably now staying at Mclaren, cynically one might think that it suits Mercedes very well that all the blame rests with Schumacher- i.e.. they'd like him to move on.

sennaforever

September 25, 2012 6:41 PM

@ taipan,
I don't entirely agree with you my friend,read ANY of my previous posts and you'll see I've NEVER jumped to defend Senna for some of the strokes he pulled,in my view he's the greatest driver ever and if you don't agree thats fine I don't have a problem with that, But I do take issue with the fact that you say the move he pulled on Prost Japan 1990 was worse than MS pushing Rubens up against the pitwall in either case someone could have been killed and NOTHING is worse than that, as I posted earlier all penalties should be harder to discourage reckless and dangerous driving to send out the correct signals to all drivers ... many thanks

richard

September 25, 2012 6:46 PM

senna. do you not think that going to a driver before a race, saying that if that driver was ahead at the first corner, then he (senna) would force him off track, and then doing precisely that, was the lowest form of action against any driver in the history of f1?

Taipan

September 25, 2012 8:45 PM

Senna, Richard points out the big difference, Senna's move on Prost was premeditated, he considered his actions prior to the race, went ahead with it, admitted to it afterwards and never showed any remorse.

How you can compare pushing Barrichello CLOSE to a wall (which I thought was out of order by MS) and Senna intentionally driving into someone at 180mph and winning a WDC because of it is beyond me.

However it delights me to be able to talk about 80's F1 for a change, so feel free to reply.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »