F1 » Whiting impressed with Circuit of the Americas

Charlie Whiting declares himself pleased with progress made at the Circuit of the Americas

Liam48 - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 6:37 PM

@Goodgirl Josie you have said what I've been wanting to say for months but never had the heart to say it.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing what America can come up with & I hope the New Jersey track will be on the calendar next year because for a road circuit I think it looks great... in paper.

Droog - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 7:24 PM

Wow, some pretty weird comments on this topic.

First off, who cares what they call it. And if anyone has ever tried racing on a Canadian track in February (or even November in some spots..), more power to you. It's not much fun "racing" to work here every day at that time of year, believe me.

Second, I seem to remember that tons of people were salivating at all the "troubles" that the track was in during the off season, lots and lots of naysayers pontificating about how it would never even get built.
Consider yourselves repudiated.

Third, compared to Korea and India, both of which were just barely raceable after they were "completed" just in time for the first races, the good ol' US of A comes through again.
Per Charlie: "Ready to Race."

Really looking forward to this one, as the race get closer, the US TV coverage will be interesting.

I never understood why F1 gets a bad rap here, the TV is full of Engineering Documentaries and "How It's Made" knock-offs and F1 is pure Geek heav

Chris - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 7:36 PM

@Mark
I was only bashing the name of the track, in Texas, US of America. It was nothing against any of the other countries in either of the two Americas(north/south). However, I actually have nothing against USA in general, but it does annoy me how some of the people there think they are 'superior' just as I am annoyed by any person of any nationality that think they are the same, superior. I have several US Americans as real life friends and they are all awesome.

And yes, for the record, the 'European Grand Prix' is just as stupid of a name and it annoys me just as much.

@Liam48
I really hope so too, the track looks great on paper.

And sorry for the Josie alias. I have been using 'Chris' for about a year(although not very active at crash) but noticed that there are now at least two other Chris posting here. Coincidently, we all seem to cheer for Schumacher and think Hamilton is a joke at times.

I need to come up with another nick and register it for the future.

CJD

September 26, 2012 9:07 PM

you all mix up the 'race name' with the name of the 'race track'.

'european grand prix' was always used when one country had more than one grand prix in a year
hockenheim nuernburgring, valencia barcelona, also san marino because gp of italy is owned by monza.

but the name of the track that is 'Circuit of The Americas' this name will change
look at the old oesterreich a1 redbull ring name changes ...

so please dont throw the 'european gp' in a trackname discussion

greetings
CJD

CJD

September 26, 2012 9:10 PM

'The U.S. Grand Prix will be F1's first race in the United States since 2007 and will be held at the 3.4-mile Circuit of The Americas the first U.S. track built specifically for F1.'

Taz

September 26, 2012 10:15 PM

@Bob

Big thumbs up, trolling of late has been tiresome, some really good unregistered posters but they get drowned out in a sea of nonsense/poo....usually Hamilton/Schumacher/Rossi/Stoner threads.

jose - Unregistered

September 26, 2012 11:56 PM

Mark..Chris
No offense from the Bad"Man" and non taken..Please dont be put
out about not understanding my posts. I try to keep reminding
myself that trying to communicate with UK Dudes is problematic.
I have to remember that this Dog is from Brooklyn, Flatbush.
UK is a island on other side of the planet. They talk the Kings
English. Methinks a translator may be needed at times.
A little Latin Jose Brooklyn lingo should get the message across
well I guess not..Dam Sam why don't you people speak English.

Just Funnin..Don't get your draws in a knot..

Badman, Jose

FrankG - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 2:59 AM

Sorry Badman Jose but I'm not English (I'm an American who studied in both English and US schools) and still don't understand 20% of your posts...

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »