F1 » Whiting impressed with Circuit of the Americas

Charlie Whiting declares himself pleased with progress made at the Circuit of the Americas

UncleSam

September 27, 2012 1:36 PM

Wow, the anti United States sentiment in this thread is simply dumbfounding. Some people will go to any lengths to come up with some arrogant or self-serving reason that any American does anything. I wish we were truly as evil and arrogant as you people would like us to be. I wonder why Spain, Germany, and the UK aren't blasted for hosting the European Grand Prix in the past? Are any of those nations Europe? The arrogance of them to host a European race, like they are the sole enlightened people of Europe! See how ignorant you people are, this the very same thing that you are doing, it is called spinning the facts. Some you you need to get educated and learn tolerance, because many of your generalized statements are offensive, dumb, and totally incorrect.

Droog - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 3:17 PM

@richard,
yeah, except he's right.
It's become pretty "trendy" to bash the USA from outside the USA. The UK in particular has an inferiority complex about the Yanks. Same thing used to be common here in The Great White North, until we became the Best Damn Country in the World, in April, last year.
But everyone would still snap up a green card toot sweet if they could, myself included (they get to own guns!!).

richard

September 27, 2012 3:41 PM

droog. toot sweet? and i thought that canada was bi lingual! (it is canada, if i remeber correctly).
ok, there are some who are very insular, but some of us have reasons not to be! (nuff said)

Mark _

September 27, 2012 3:55 PM

It is funny that it is the Europeans complaining about the track name and not people from the countries that they think have been unjustly welcomed. The naming was meant as a jesture that this is not just for the U.S.A. but for our neighbors too. I have some ideas as to why this is a problem for some but I don't think that I can state them without further escalating this discord. If it truly bothers you then you can turn off the TV and go fishing or take a bike ride that day. Peace.

Droog - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 5:40 PM

@richard
The frenchmen would like us all to be bilingual, but after all that separation crap we went through, some of us resist.

Try driving through Montreal or Quebec City with a Canadian Flag sticker on your bumper, or with an Ontario License plate on the car. You'll lose your inclination to be polite very quickly.

BTW, my family crest is two dead frenchmen on a mound of dead frenchmen motif.
Wee Wee Madamoysel

Chris1976

September 27, 2012 7:02 PM

If I have offended anyone, please accept my humble apologies, it was not my intention. Maybe I got it all wrong and it is not an arrogant name of a track at all.

It annoys me because it is not the only American track. F1 is racing at three different American tracks this year, Montreal, Interlagos and Texas.

And as I have said, I have nothing at all against USA, its citizens or the track in question, ONLY the name of it. It has been the race I have been looking forward to most, and I think the track layout looks amazing.

When people are replying that "only USA is America", which is wrong, it only sort of confirms what I thought of was an arrogant track name. Either that or lack of education.

Droog - Unregistered

September 27, 2012 7:05 PM

@Chris1976
Oh boy. Now you have offended 33 million Canadians and even more Brazilians.
Quick,
Duck.
That's OK though, I like watching the European race in Silverstone as well.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »