F1 » Hamilton’s Mercedes deal confirmed

After 14 years as part of the McLaren family, Lewis Hamilton heads for pastures new with a switch to Mercedes

Droog - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 5:27 PM

@kiwibob
I hear you Brother, even I have heard of ol' Bruce.

But my point was that when you compare Macca and Merc on the world stage, the Merc Brand wins.

I'm in Canada, and if you mention McLaren to most folks, they have no idea, but every little ponce and his girlfriend drive a Merc over here. So that was what I was trying to say, not knocking ol' Bruce, I've always been a fan, posters on my wall etc when I was a kid.

And at this point the little white elf is dying to build the F1 brand in the USA, I'm sure that he's doing the jig this AM.

fish fingers - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 5:41 PM

I remember being rubbished on here 2 yrs ago for suggesting Lewis wd learn alot under Brawn and shd join Mercedes. Bravo Lewis.. a brave decision but a good one, long term.

fish fingers - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 5:46 PM

Taipan, put it like this, look at the amount of Mclaren **** ups over the years..especially this season. If Lewis was racing a merc this year, do you think he might have scored at least as many points? Because I think so.

Mark _

September 28, 2012 6:02 PM

Lewis drives best when he is not under any pressure. No one is going to expect much from him in a Merc so he may do better than expected. Once the pressure is on and if the team starts dropping the ball like they have done with Michael there will be fireworks. It seems that Merc is going all in with this one. If it turns out bad they will probably leave F1.

Octane - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 6:10 PM

Maybe Mercedes AMG is a bigger brand
Maybe they will someday be among the top in F1
Maybe Lewis will take them to the top
......
But then again maybe pigs will fly in the future too.

Perez in a McLaren ... interesting
I like Lewis but this is suicide. If Ross Brawn and Schumacher couldnt succeed. Please tell me how on earth is Lewis gonna do it. I think McLaren will win races with Perez, Button I am not sure about he is a second grade driver like Massa, just a fact dudes. Alonso and Kimi are the Two best in F1. Lewis is Fast but they are good.

Jayne

September 28, 2012 6:37 PM

Good evening Taipan
Poor Lulu!!
Maclaren don't love him no more! Mercedes will soon realise they have signed a celeb loving driver who will throw his toys out of the pram and leaks team
secrets as soon as Rosberg challenges him!

gumby - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Gawwd, the contention on this board is like wading through frozen peanut butter. Anytime someone mentions a driver they paraphrase it with 'I'm not a fan of (driver)..' regardless who they are talking about cause they are afraid to get hammered by empty headed fanboys. It even got me to say I don't dislike Ham before I commented. Sheesh.

So I'm just gonna fess up now. I like em all and don't dislike any of them. I was ticked at Maldonado for awhile, but since he cooled his rockets, I'm ok with him. And I don't get excited about any driver in which I can say I am a fan of except Kimi.

K I'm done. Oh wait, congrats to Perez. I think he's gonna romp at McLaren. And Although I don't dislike Ham, I think it was a huge mistake.

Heyyy, wait a second..