F1 » Hamilton’s Mercedes deal confirmed

After 14 years as part of the McLaren family, Lewis Hamilton heads for pastures new with a switch to Mercedes

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Mark - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 11:23 AM

Fed up of people saying that Lewis has a lack of loyalty! come on, drivers aren't in F1 to be loyal!? and also he has run every contract with mcLaren to the end, and how is staying with them for 6 seasons not loyal!!! some of you people would be saying he lacks loyalty even if he stayed with mcLaren for another 2 yrs and then decided to leave.

Don't see anybody saying Perez isn't loyal by signing with McLaren even though he's part of the Ferrari young driver program.

And yes a lot of you hate hamilton because you think he's immature and moans a lot. Well for me, it's not about that, it's about his skills on the track. I don't care about whether he is immature or whatever else you all moan about, his ability in an F1 car is excellent and I wish him all the best at Mercedes.

I'm not really a fan of Alonso as I don't really like the way he is as a person, but I still have huge respect for his ability and what he has done at Ferrari this reason.

So many of the haters kept saying ther

Delboy - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 11:26 AM

So, MC Lewis in the Merc hood boyz. Your Entertainment management (who know all about max. promo for money nothing about F1)are certainly going to increase their earnings off his back.
But I don't think Ross Brawn is going to stand for Hamilton in da house brrrrrrrrp.
Will end in tears.

gumby - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 11:26 AM

I gotta agree with the Villeneuve comment. And throw in a little Alonso 'How come I'm not #1 driver anymore?'. I've never disliked Ham, but this is a bonehead move. Just looks bad all the way around. Welp, good luck to him. He's gonna need it.

kimki - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 11:34 AM

I'm confused! I don't think it's all about the money or more freedom or personal brand etc etc...I first thought maybe he's not interested in F1 as he used to...but it would be wrong to say that! Something not so good (i.e bad) must have happened between McLaren & Hamilton for him to leave or for them not signing him (??). But what is it exactly? None of us know! It really looks like a career suicide to me...for him who wants to win 3 WDC like Senna etc etc since as for today no-one can attest of Mercedes competitiveness (even themselves) for next season or next next one...but then what do I really know ??

richard

September 28, 2012 11:37 AM

this move could be the making of lulu. he has been rather rigidly controlled by the corporate macca. maybe, just maybe the more relaxed atmosphere could help him grow out of his tantrums and become a man.

but another point about the signing, is that despite our fears that merc was on the edge of withdrawing, signing lulu for three years does indicate their continued support for f1. but they have to up their game re their competitiveness, or lack of it.

it will be interesting to see how he progresses next year.

rsv2001 - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 11:38 AM

ive said this before , age has nothing to do it with , max biaggi anyone ? , mercedes are lowest of the low , i hope they never ever win another race ,theyre just trumped up also rans with 1 extremely average driver and 1 over hyped jumped up little twerp , who thinks hes someone he's not , msc should buy into sauber and would be nice if they got full factory support from ferrari too , they already might i dont know , but that sauber is better than the merc anyway , even if msc is staying , but if he leaves f1 again get ready for the ratings to nose dive , i kid you not , schuey always he IS f1 !

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »