F1 » Perez: I’m ready for the challenge

Sergio Perez says he is ready for the challenge of replacing Lewis Hamilton at McLaren

Dylan - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 12:22 PM

I think Perez could have a bright future don't get me wrong here but I see a big resemblance to Heikki Kovalainen here. Anyway it's a chance no driver would want to miss.

ricmcl - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 12:45 PM

Ferrari's loss, McLaren's gain. He will do very well next year and if McLaren produce a competitive car they could do quite well in both championships.

Dylan - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 1:55 PM

He should have joined my hero and AMG that would have dominated the next 4 years. The great Lewis and his trusty understudy.

I'd see McLaren back in 14 & 16th next year as Jenson is a has been and Sergio needs a strong team leader.

McLaren have made the biggest mistake in their history letting the global megastar Lewis go, the brand is so strong, everyone here should look up to Lewis.

OZFan - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 2:12 PM

Whitmarsh did the correct thing to do.

Lewis wants to leave? That's just fine, let the boy go. We will get ourselves another driver, and saving a ton of money, and saving us from a lot of problems.

Lewis may move to Brakley, enjoy his 100 millions, but I doubt he may get another chance at the World Drivers Championship, while driving for Mercedes.

elijah

September 28, 2012 2:19 PM

Button is the happiest man today,but it will be interesting to see if Perez can rise to the challenge of putting Button back in his usual driving position of Follow the Leader.

Dylan - Unregistered

September 28, 2012 3:19 PM

@blublz that wasn't me. the guy must have the most miserable life to post that bs and use my name. I feel sorry for the dude he has no life!

p.s. I'll start using my registered iDylan account.

1 2  »