F1 » Schumacher: I’m still motivated

Michael Schumacher says he isn't lacking motivation despite being replaced at Mercedes

Taz

October 02, 2012 11:12 AM

"Michael has until now been with just big stables which we can't compare ourselves to"

Reads...."come and drive for us if your happy not requiring a big pay cheque".

jose - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 11:25 AM

This is the chance for the Champ to exit gracefully. Move on you are still
top "Dog". Mercedes decided change, like time it never stops. 7x WDC
is now the target of the young. Ride on Champ, you are still the 'Man'.

Badman, Jose

Willem de Klerk - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 11:26 AM

F1 without Michael will be much poorer for all fans.
I will love to see him with Alonso at Ferrari, I think they will have a very good chance to run 1-2 in a race.
If you look at this year's results it becomes clear that he is still a better driver than either Rosberg or Massa.
It is my opinion that Ferrari will make a big mistake if they don't go allout to get him in Massa' place for 2013
My personal best wishes for Schumi for 2013 and beyond

drake - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 12:21 PM

I would like to see him in a sauber but i'm not saying it's a good idea. It could be a chance to find if he really can develop a car or a team for that matter, if he's still got it in him maybe he could become very involved in a team like sauber. If he does stay in f1 next year I'm sure it will be more exciting just because of all the contraversy if nothing else.

Mr Cynical - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 12:22 PM

It would be nice if the grand retirees would join a lowly team (like HRT) and help them try to break into the midfield. I don't think it's going to happen but somehow that would be putting something back into the sport. (Is it a sport?)

dabuski - Unregistered

October 02, 2012 12:30 PM

i hope Micheal continues for at least 1 more season.
Sauber have seen very good form this year and with the regulations not all that different from this year i predict next years car being just ,if not better,as good.
it will be interesting to see if Lewis can bring glory to Mercedes....my personal point of view is i doubt it very much.....if schumacher with all his experience could not do it ,i dont see Hamilton succeeding.
Nicky Lauda seems convinced but i guess hes playing the team game with his comments.

MikeG

October 02, 2012 12:31 PM

The fact that he never announced his retirement straight after the shocking Mercedes decision shows that he is still enjoying the racing. That's what I love about Schumi is that he just wants to race. Personally I hope he continues for all eternity ... with Sauber or whoever .... you can't get a much worse car than the crap that Brawn and Merc gave him.

JD 002

October 02, 2012 12:35 PM

Schumi is still a great driver, I think Mercedes GP had much larger expectations when it came to be in '10. After the season Brawn had they perhaps thought they'd be guaranteed to be at the pointy end for the next season, car wise.
Whether or not he was successful with the new Merc GP I don't think he should have returned, he had nothing to prove.
It would be a great shame to see him now try to hang onto a drive with a less-than top flight team.

1 2 3 4  »