F1 » Schumacher retires for second time

Michael Schumacher elects to retire from F1 for a second time after losing Mercedes drive

kartman - Unregistered

October 04, 2012 1:52 PM

Hopefully he will do other forms of racing GT3? teamed up with Rossi when he races would be interesting he could even join his mate Jacques hustling stock cars on Nascar road courses.

DukeRSA - Unregistered

October 04, 2012 2:13 PM

Well Michael, it's a sad day for all your fans. I think the sport has never seen a better driver or champion, you demonstrated what it takes to be a champion time and time - whether winning or loosing. For me, MSC is the greatest champion the sport has ever seen, whether his records will be eclipsed in future is irrelevant. MSC remains the standard everyone should aspire to. I know the haters will start chirping about the errors he made during his career, to them I say this - MSC is a human being, he made some mistakes just like the rest of us however he rose above them to become a better human and a greater champion. Good bye Michael, you have made the world a better place and F1 is poorer without you. For true fans, you gave us a vision of excellance on the move! For aspiring racers all over the world you have set the standard, not only in driving but in the willingness to compete. While F1 has had and continues to have great drivers, you are truly the only great champion!So sad to s

jose - Unregistered

October 04, 2012 2:23 PM

For this old Dog I'm not surprised. he had a good run, time to ride on.
That old fact holds true. The young always displaces the old.
The champ moves on to be replaced by a new young hopeful.
Rules of the game, that undeniable truth.
Adios Amigo..Ride like the wind!

Jose

adpeguero - Unregistered

October 04, 2012 2:26 PM

I only wonder what his performance would've been like had he gone to Ferrari instead. MB let this man down too many times and then, the ultimate slap in the face was to dump him over Hamilton. Might be just me but I never saw friendly behavior between the two (MS and LH). Anyway, hold your head up high Michael. We, your fans, will always respect your record performances and hold you in high regards as the most successful F1 Driver of all time.

Iceman - Unregistered

October 04, 2012 2:26 PM

It's a good decision at the end of the day. It was a brave decision to comeback and race against the current crop of drivers and new tires which didn't suited him. One thing we all should admire is that everyone knows that's when he announced he would make a comeback, is only challenge was his own achievement and we all know he would be criticized heavily if he couldn't repeat those things. For that reason alone he should be admired ...

richard

October 04, 2012 2:32 PM

iceman. "new tyres didnt suit him"???? what a comment! tyres are not made to "suit" any one driver. schumi is a professional driver, and should be able to drive on the tyres which are supplied. these are supplied to everyone, and it is up to them to adapt to the tyres. if you cannot adapt, what does that say about your abilities?

iMido - Unregistered

October 04, 2012 3:46 PM

Bad day for me, bad day for Formula 1. I hoped with all my heart he will continue.

If my message can reach Michael, I would say "Please stay!!!"

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »