F1 » And now the cracks begin to show.....

Lewis Hamilton has been forced into another Twitter backtrack after posting comments after his team-mate's lack of respect....

richard

October 09, 2012 5:19 PM

w2w. no pork pies. look at my post! "her indoors" had control of the remote, and she was watching corrie. i was just unfortunate to be in the room at the time, on my laptop. that is how i knew what was said and shown.

as i said, i follow the motorsport channels, and failing that go to the doc channels around 520. love aircrash investigation, flying wild alaska etc. sometimes great docs about f1 factories such as macca and ferrari.

insideline - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 5:46 PM

Excuses excuses. Sorry richard, I'm with w2w on this one. Fancy letting 'She who must be disobeyed', get hold of the TV remote in the first place. Whatever next?
What is the world coming to?
Don't worry though. I've got another mate who secretly likes to watch Coronation street and East Enders. He even tapes them, but, It's OK really. Perfectly harmless, as long as you don't admit it on the internet. Oh! Whooops!
But yes, Motors, Planet Thalassa, Planet No limit, History, National Geographic, Voyage, all good.

Pole Position - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 7:36 PM

I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg Everything will come out eventually. Fernando's remarks when he left Maclaren confirmed it. Mclaren is a very dysfunctional family. You would think with all that money and technological superiority they should be winning more races. You can be guaranteed one thing through out a season. They will always shoot themselves in the foot. It's a given.

Salan - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 8:05 PM

G'day All, Oh man not again, I can't help but think why in heavens Lewis feels the need to Tweet so much personal views, if the past is anything to go by then surely he should cease this form of communication as it is a detriment to his persona. I am a avid Lewis fan so I sincerely feel for his own sake he puts Twitter aside for expressing his personal views but rather, if need be, he plays the diplomatic card when his on Twitter for all his posts and perhaps thinks more carefully when composing his views. I think he needs to stay true to the saying " keep your friends close and your enemies closer" of course this should be without any revelation to be effective. Never mind, keep a low profile until your departure from McLaren.

Taipan

October 09, 2012 8:16 PM

Evening gentlemen, I'm "watching" The Great British Bake Off (thanks to she with the remote)

Polo, yes, McLaren have always been a bit odd, thank Ron for that. He is a control freak (I don't necissarily disagree with that) he is very concerned by company image, even if that means portraying a lie, and he always has a favourite driver.
The last 2 points cause conflict, he likes to sell the idea of team mate equality because it's good for company image, but he always has a favourite driver that's just who he is. Ask Lauda, Prost, Coulthard, Alonso in an honest moment I have no doubt they would agree with me.
Having a lead driver and a number two works, if McLaren did that openly and honestly they would have won far more.

Sidthekid

October 09, 2012 9:50 PM

Come on, anybody who thought these two were ever friends is living in cloud cuckoo land. You could tell from the second Jenson joined the team that Lulu was completely intimidated by his intelligence, charisma, and self assurance. Three qualities that Lulu is clearly devoid of.

wheeltowheel - Unregistered

October 09, 2012 11:32 PM

@salan Thank you for that excellent post.
I am guessing you are an American. Correct? You are right. Hamilton needs to stop posting on Twitter and keep a low profile. But salan, Hamilton is lost at the moment and he is not getting the right advice, guidance, from those who are close to him.
Taipan, richard, looks like we have a genuine Hamilton fan in our midst, who expresses his concern for what is happening to Lewis without the hate. Very refreshing.
Well done salan and thank you.
Please note fanboys. There is another, better way to support Lewis in these difficult times.

Salan - Unregistered

October 10, 2012 8:47 AM

@wheeltowheel, Thank you for your comments. Actually I'm an Aussie although I have lived in the U.S for a considerable time. Yes you are right in that I am a genuine Hamilton fan although I should add purely on the basis of his abilities as a driver. I, like most of you guys am getting a little tired of his off track antics and obviuosly he needs to discontinue this sort of behaviour if he wnats to be popular in F1. I hope for his sake this will be the last occasion we hear of this for otherwise in so far as the public are concerned it could well be the begining of the end for his mental state. I for one wonder what in the hell he is thinking whenever he has these Twitter outbursts.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »