F1 » F1 2012 POLL: What should they do about Grosjean?

Another first lap incident has led to a hail of criticism from all sides for Lotus driver Romain Grosjean. So what should they do about 2012's latest "crash kid" to knock him into shape?

richard

October 08, 2012 3:06 PM

shaken. in a way you are right. ok, we did not see the telemetry, but webber was indeed slow off the mark (pun not intended). did he brake early to avoid someone else? first corner is always frenetic, and a driver should expect to be able to use his full power to gain places. basically, can anyone say whether or not webber was trying to avoid someone else? serious question!

1Jez

October 08, 2012 3:11 PM

@Alain Prostate (what an offensive, low rent & unimaginative play on a legend's name, by the way) - so simply because he's a poor starter, Webber deserves a ban or a fine? And he is somehow responsible for getting rear ended? Not that it is even relevant, since the incident was well after the launch and toward the exit of turn 1. If he's so bad, his multiple race wins must have been a miracle!

@shaken - how is hitting another driver from behind (AGAIN) anything other than completely and absolutely Grosjean's fault? Whether it's deliberate or not is irrelevant, as is the speed of the car in front at race pace, he is making too many stupid and dangerous mistakes and should be sanctioned heavily. And are you seriously suggesting that the cause of Grosjean's numerous collisions is the comments of other drivers? Mate, get a clue!

1Jez

October 08, 2012 3:18 PM

@Richard - I see what you're getting at, but at the end of the day, does it really matter? If a car in front is slower, regardless of the reason, the driver behind is obligated to avoid them.

Brian Clark - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:26 PM

Initially I tended to agree with Mark Webbers comments but having seen a replay, only once though, it did look to me as though Webber may have slowed just a bit, particularly as he probably had a better view of what had gone on.
With cars that close on turn 1 it was almost inevitable.
Maybe F1 should do like the Isle of Man TT races & start drivers at intervals, 2 secs to enable car 24th on grid to be out of the way when the 1st one completes the 1st lap.
Be interesting???

jose - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:28 PM

Richard,

Webber was going a little slow approaching the apex. Roman was
late with the brakes, a racing first turn incidence, nothing more.
Nutcase, nada amigo. Mr. Webber was hot, and rightly so. good
drama for the sensationalist media..
Grosjean is a very good driver, given a 'fair' shot I can him displacing
someone in the top five. Willing to bet it will be, Mr. Webber..

"frenetic", had to look that one up, Websters..Really?
entertained, that I is.

el' bandido, Jose

richard

October 08, 2012 3:29 PM

jez. roll back two weeks. schumi hit vergne, and there were many many claiming it was vergnes fault for being too slow.

it all depends on which driver you support, who gets the blame. bigjohn is a relative newcomer, and so does not have the support base of the likes of webber.

jose - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:36 PM

Brian Clark,
I really understand, and like what you saying..I have raced using both
standing starts, and fast rolling 2x2 starts.. F1 will have to make a
change soon before something very bad happens..

Badman, Jose

jose - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:48 PM

A little off topic, I truly like Roman's sunglasses ..add that black and
gold driving suit. I bet his driving booths are Gold w/tassels ...
stunning..Mr. F1, that he is..

Jose

Brian Clark - Unregistered

October 08, 2012 3:50 PM

In the 1990s I hit the back of a car. The other driver was totally to blame but my insurance paid the bill on the basis that if you hit the back of someone you are to blame. A couple of weeks later I was talking to a friend who was learning to be a driving instructor & he told me that the law had changed & if you knew you were in the right, call the police & explain the circumstances. You can be innocent. I dont think RG was totally to blame, for a start he couldn't swerve past the slower Webber because there was another car on his left. Webber was lucky to be able to continue, unlike Alonso

1Jez

October 08, 2012 3:54 PM

Richard, I must have missed those comments re- blaming Vergne. I guess it just goes to show that even one-eyed supporters can still type.

I saw a Collingwood supporter using a computer once, so I guess anything is possible.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »