F1 » Stewart offers to aid Grosjean – again

Jackie Stewart offers assistance to Romain Grosjean after another controversial weekend for the Lotus driver

jose - Unregistered

October 10, 2012 6:18 PM

Taz,
the only person who can help Grosjean is Grosjean, Actually I
never believed he has a racing problem. Surely nothing that
is any different that every WDC who has won the title. Aggressive
risk taking has it drawbacks. Roman rolled the dice and lost
a few..Every driver has done the same..Alonzo, Vettel, Hamilton,
Prost, Senna, Brundle..For sure the ones who never roll the dice
NEVER win, in F1 that is a given. My advice is a given, race the car
with care..simple .. Stewart, until he can displace Lady Luck he is
just yesterdays hero w/no standing.
The Young never care much about yesterday..
Glade you disagree Taz, actually you have no other option.
That is really why you are here..

Hamilton #1 Fan

Old, Jose

Taz

October 10, 2012 9:13 PM

@Jose

No, I'm not here to agree or disagree. I'm here to read some insightful comments and the odd titbit of information (granted both have been lacking a little of late).

I disagreed because fundamentally I think your wrong and the stats don't lie whatever spin you put on them.

I've said that talent and speed aren't the issue, his lack of awareness is and F1 is a high pressure high budget sport, points mean money. An F1 team is a business in some shape or form, maybe Stewart can add something although I'd imagine he's young and his pride stops him saying he needs help.

gridgirlstipster - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 1:23 AM

grosjean is the best, not very beautiful but very fast

nice to see stewart recognizing true talent...

hopefully expired drivers like Webber and Massa will retire and give him a chance in a top team

jimmy_s - Unregistered

October 11, 2012 4:25 AM

I have known and continue to know Romain since he was a small boy. My point of view, therefore, is somewhat biased, I grant you. I have watched him develop as a driver, a person and now, as a husband. He is, quite simply, the most well-balanced, friendly, humble, warm and polite person you could ever wish to meet. A real credit to his family and friends.
Put him in an F1 car and he remains that same person - not one part of him changes. He's had bad luck this season - much of it of his own creation, that's for sure. But, he knows that. Indeed, he knows very well what needs to be done and what needs to be changed. What does not need to be changed is that the guy is a huge F1 talent. I may even go so far as to say a WDC in the waiting. He will come good in the end. Keep the faith Romain. You're a star.

beeflin

October 11, 2012 8:20 AM

Perhaps I'm losing my memory, but I don't remember all this bitching about this or that driver who supposedly causes an unacceptable number of crashes until the last few years. OK, maybe there was complaint about the backmarkers but the potential winners are doing something that any normal road user recognises as insane. Why should this be possible without crashes?

« 1 2 3  »