F1 » Hamilton: Stranger things have happened...

Lewis Hamilton sees a troubled race in Korea have a huge impact on his F1 title hopes

OnTheOtherHand

October 16, 2012 8:42 PM

@ghog.
Who know how it will flow with the mid field cars.
I think first Lewis has to CONQUER THE MERCEDES.
I am however truly optimistic. Although I have learnt that optimism is not always fulfilling .

Wish him luck anyway .

Quade - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 9:37 PM

@OnTheOtherHand

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to register, but for the sort of crude posts that take away all the joy of F1. After BBC's 606 F1 forums (before they were scrapped) I decided to be mobile between forums or just to browse. At 606, the gutter attitude was promoted by people who are at the head of their F1 reporting, hank goodness it seems different here.
For me, I love to be amazed by the way F1 engines actually glow red, I love the way the hairs on the nape of my neck stand up whenever I hear the high pitched snarl of an F1 engine - like the sound of a wild beast, caged and force fed civilisation and obedience. F1 is awe inspiring... Then buffoons (like you know who) who have the temerity to call themselves "real F1 fans" come in and spoil all the fun with football hooliganism.

ghog

October 16, 2012 9:58 PM

(OMG, wish Taipan was here, this is all Greek to me.........., I actually don't know any Latin apart from the ""dont let the b... part).

Hey Ho,

PS. Went to Thruxton this weekend, lovely day, frosty start, some cracking racing. Got home and watched recorded Korean Grand Prix, Wifey was well chuffed!

Taipan

October 16, 2012 10:43 PM

Well well well Quade, You've managed to lure me out of hibernation, congratulations.
Lets just go through your post.
You accuse people of having a gutter attitude and make comparisons with football hooliganisim then you refer to people you know knothing about as buffoons. If you wish to take the moral high ground my friend I suggest you lead by example.
In addition, you suggest that the proclimation "real F1 fan" is in fact tantamount to temerity, really? so you have the right to judge such things? This buffoon has missed roughly 12 live F1 races since 1976, This buffoon has written articles for most F1 sites that you will have ever visited, this buffoon has been creator, and administrator of some rather successful F1 sites, this buffoon has composed historical and current F1 quizzes for many F1 sites, this buffoon is a real F1 fan I assure you.

Taipan

October 16, 2012 10:45 PM

Cont.
Seems to me that you see an opinion that you disagree with and jump to name calling and discreditation, now who's really acting like a football hooligan or dare I say a buffoon?
If you doubt my credentials as a real F1 fan, try me. If you wish to prove that I'm a buffoon good luck...

To the previous gentlemen and their kind words,

"in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello"

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »