F1 » Massa deal to pave way for Vettel, Ferrari union?

Latest reports from the F1 paddock insist that a deal has been done to take Sebastian Vettel to Ferrari in 2014.

EnRiCo47

October 15, 2012 11:45 AM

@ Angelina
when you stop listening the stuff some people dish out all the time and you become vocal, on this site you always lose. if the say something it s ok, but if you say it back, bad boy..

Angelina - Unregistered

October 15, 2012 11:53 AM

Planet f1 is running a post saying Montezmolo deies signing Vettel. In his words
"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house, I don't like that and it creates instability in the team."

But I don't think it mentions not signing Vettel anywhere. Also Vettel has a performance related clause based on 2013 in his ferrari pre-contract and also in his Redbull contract. Maybe its not satisfied with Vettel and Redbull back on top.

Whatsitallabout - Unregistered

October 15, 2012 12:37 PM

I sort of agree with Liam o the first page of comments.

I think SV may be shown to be slower than people think against Fernando. I'm not a fan of Alonso but I think he's done a remarkable job this year and I also think the vast majority of SV's speed is down to the car and Red Bull gave him the championships. When the cars not quite there, he seems to struggle more than Webber.

Just an opinion but I think he needs to move to prove he can win with another team, much like I think Loeb should have done in rallying.

Kevin - Unregistered

October 15, 2012 12:52 PM

Media *****s have this one wrong. Vettel will never team with Alonso, period. Does anyone really believe he would accept team orders to hold station behind Alonso, ever? Not a chance, he'd ignore the order and pass him anyway. However, their could be a mutual agreement that states that should Alonso leave Ferrari, Vettel is first in line/consideration for the seat, assuming he can or decides to extract himself from his RBR contract. Bottom line: If RBR continue to perform, and Alonso remain at Ferrari, there is absolutely zero chance that Ferrari would consider Vettel as a team-mate for Alonso, as Alonso would not tolerate a team mate he could not easily subordinate.

richard

October 15, 2012 1:32 PM

blzbub. i think that the silly season has started real early. as long as newey is with rbr (and he has said that he wouldnt move, despite being offered more by merc) then seb will not move. in fact, he would be stupid to move. why on earth would you want to leave a fantastically winning combo?
seb is very easy going, and fits in well with the rbr atmosphere. going to ferrari would spoil all that.

i am sure that there will be many many more rumours about him, over the next year or two!

Nuevo - Unregistered

October 15, 2012 2:21 PM

I have to say that the F1 Journo's should all go back to doing Entertainment Tonight...all the speculation..and they pay u guys to do this? Here's one..a ufo landed in my yard last night..the alien looked just like Vettel and he was wearing a Ferrari shirt! At least its different than all the drivel Ive been reading from you guys lately.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »