F1 » Schumacher rules out two-wheeled return

Michael Schumacher says he doesn't plan on returning to superbike racing when he retires from F1 for the second time

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Taz

October 16, 2012 12:42 PM

Sure he'll come back to F1 in some sort of advisory/management role after he's enjoyed a few years off with the wife and kids....although maybe he's had enough of the paddock.

You'd never see Kimi doing that but they are completely different characters.

Nick - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 1:10 PM

I don't see him coming back in some advisory role. Compared to what he's experienced he would find that boring. I think he'll settle down & spend valuable time with his family, fair play Michael, enjoy your retirement!

I was never was a big fan, particularly when he punted Hill off to become Champion, but I did come to acknowledge his talent. He was good on a Superbike - One race having fallen & remounted in 15th he battled up to 3rd again I believe! Fair play!

oldtimer - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 1:58 PM

With the bank balance he has he can do anything he likes including chilling out for a while but I can't see him doing nothing for too long he will find something to occupy him and wasting his millions on starting up or backing a F1 team is not one of them.

Shakey - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 2:33 PM

Although if the financial situation with Kingfisher Airlines and VJ gets worse, I'd enjoy seeing Schumi rustle up some loose change and buy Force India.

Could be worth a giggle.

Evel ken Evil - Unregistered

October 16, 2012 3:13 PM

I like schumi, hes truely one of the grestest EVER F1 drivers

but he needs to stay away from bikes it takes a skill to race a motorbike a car driver could only dream of

lets face it, its a one way street...from bikes to cars yes its documented but cars to bikes ..it just doesnt happen

(queue the torrent of abuse)

Rhino

October 16, 2012 7:21 PM

I don't think he's stupid enough to put his own money into a team. Even with sponsorship we all know bags of money doesn't = success.
I'd rather see him take it easy, make guest appearances ( and wave two fingers at Ross Brawn).