F1 » Coulthard confirms DTM exit, retirement

David Coulthard: This weekend will be my final opportunity to compete at this level as I will stop racing in the DTM to concentrate on my developing off-track businesses and of course my family

CJD

October 18, 2012 10:24 PM

everybody who's seen the last dtm race, with the swiss girl fighting with the 3 bmw's, has seen that she's a real racer!

also her last races against shueytwo and david where fun

AND her A5 is not the best choice this year in dtm
greetings

Taz

October 18, 2012 11:36 PM

@Dylan

I'd prefer a few laps round Knockhill in a Legend hotrod, I've played sims for years and years. Getting my knee down on my GSXR on the Tyndrum Oban run, catching some air on the twisties in Harris in my old S3 Quattro would be more fun than iRacing. I'm pretty sure even rolling my brothers Chevette when I was 15 would be more fun :p

Angelina - Unregistered

October 18, 2012 11:55 PM

Richard
Take it easy. rgb's first post
"special driving debutant to grab the No1 status at any team something which the F1 world witnessed in that famous f1 year of 07. "

applies equally to Vettel.
Vettel was no.1 driver in str in his rookie year, his debut race was indy 2007. lol!

David - Unregistered

October 19, 2012 11:55 AM

He didn't have 11 seasons in championship winning cars. His teammate won the championship twice. Maybe 1995, 2000 and 2003 were also possible. But was McLaren in, say, 2002, a "championship winning car"?

The fact that he was not one of the all time greats does not justify making out he was rubbish.

Jim Clausen

October 19, 2012 5:35 PM

I never made Coulthard out to be rubbish. I said he was an average driver, nothing more, nothing less. I'm certain if you do the research you'll find that Coulthard scored many points less than his teammates. As I recall, both Williams and McLaren drivers either won WDCs or finished second for a good share of the years Coulthard drove for them. Coulthard did manage a second, his best ever, in the WDC in 2001.

Quade - Unregistered

October 19, 2012 5:45 PM

Its a shame that DC's best ever DTM result was 5th. In my opinion, he is a much better driver than he is a commentator. What he needs to give up is commentating, not DTM.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »