F1 » Hamilton upbeat despite missing out in India

Lewis Hamilton was surprisingly upbeat at the end of the 2012 F1 Indian Grand Prix, even though he missed out on a podium position and is also effectively out of the running for the 2012 title.

swrd - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 7:33 PM

OnTheOtherHand.
Yeah, i thought the pits stop was slick, well composed, executed to perfection. I dont really follow what each driver do off the track and i dont really care. Lewis is a bit hard to understand off the track but the guy is great driver. I've take a disliking to Jensen and Martin as there were dynamic change and team bias towards Jensen. Jensen is a good driver but he is no great driver like Hami, Alonso, or Vettel.

jose - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 9:10 PM

swrd,

" Lewis is a bit hard to understand off the track but the guy is great driver".

Lewis action on the track is well represented on the tube.
Really we know little to nothing factual what Lewis life
is like off the track..The Tabloids will say many things..
Mostly Noise, based on little truth. So I guess one might
ask how much time have you had off the track with Hamilton?
Little to none, my guess. If you really believe what you read here and elsewhere, Methinks its best you subscribe to that
wonderful tabloid, The Enquirer!

Adios
Badman, Jose

OnTheOtherHand

October 28, 2012 9:43 PM

Jose.

Don't think swrd was criticising Lewis, I read it as he didn't care what he does off track, just enjoys watching the spectacle that is Lewis Hamilton.
Hey I could be wrong though.

Hey, How you doing.

That was a slick stop though.

107SS2009

October 28, 2012 10:59 PM

In my opinion/feeling both Lulu and Webber wasn't sorry or bothered that they had let Alonso by in pursuit of Vettel, not that they could have done much more than wasting him some time in getting past with him in that super form and with the top speed the FARRARI had, in short I believe they will side with him against Vettel.
mclaren assured everybody and his dog that their gearboxes problems were fixed once and for all but yet again Button had shift problems in free practice and Lulu had some gearbox problems in the race.
Lulu's off track behaviour/blab is no hard to understand at all, and most of it is factual, example is his twitting with one of the biggest brain farts that I can remember ever happened in F1 RE HIS TEAM.

Gordo - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 2:35 AM

So good Alonso making a dogs dinner out of the McLarens. But & Hamster too busy fighting amongst themselves to even entertain the thought that Alonso was in the mix. So happy to see the Hamster going back to a mid-field team next year. Maybe they should pair him with Glock? The man that gave the 1 and only WDC that the Hamster will see.

Franco - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 2:52 AM

"I was having to change down using my right hand instead of my left"
Some one tell me if the MP27 has an alternative gear shift for 'right hand' use? Am pretty raw in F1 but admire HAM.
Great driving though Hamilton, I still think the Red Bulls are far superior.

107SS2009

October 29, 2012 3:30 AM

On an f1 car the gear change is effected (done) by peddles positioned on the back side of the steering wheel, there is actually one peddle which is hinged/swings at its centre with the ends projecting on each side of the wheel, the ends of the peddle can be pushed as much as pulled, if pulled at the left side a lower gear will be selected, if pushed at the right side a higher gear will be selected.

saffa - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 8:20 AM

Well done Hamilton on doing a good job. For a change we didn't hear no baby bickering and got on with a hindering steering wheel issue. See how he can go when he got his focus in form. He got on with the lever issue. He didn't cry about it.
I don't know about that gear lever story how one paddle can do two directional changes, sounds like a joke to me lol. Then again maybe I missed that feature when it got invented.

107SS2009

October 29, 2012 4:29 PM

If one doesn't understand technical things he has no right to call them a joke because the real joke will be he himself.
Lulu was using one side peddle to both up shift and down shift, depending on which side he was using he had to push the peddle for down shifts and pull for up shifts, again, what the push or the pull will do depends on which side was being used.
I will attempt to explain it again, the gear change peddles protruding from behind the steering wheel can be of one peace design, it swings like a seesaw on a hinge at its centre, when pulled at the left side a down shifts is effected, when pulled at the right side an up shifts is effected, it is much faster and convenient to pull by the finger tips than to push

« 1 2 3  »