F1 » Schumacher cleared of blue flags infringement

No penalty for Michael Schumacher

miked - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 7:33 PM

Lewis Hamilton has made the worst decision of his life.Brawn should hide his face in shame for giving MSC that dog of a car for the past 3 years. Having AMG on this dog has to be embarrassing to Mercedes so good luck Lewis you will rue the decision.

Chris1976

October 28, 2012 8:11 PM

I don't understand why everyone keep saying that Schumi was canned. He was never going to stay at Mercedes in the first place(was his choice) as he was hunting the championship. And joining another team would most likely have him struggle for a while until he got comfortable in it. I don't think he wanted to sign another multi year contract that would have been more or less necessary in order to get up to speed in a new car to challenge for another championship.

And for the record. I have been a HUGE Schumacher fan since -94 when Senna died and it has been a pure delight to have him on the grid again. I will keep hoping for a miracle until the very last moment that something unexpected will happen and we get to see him on the grid next year again.

I think Mercedes will do better next season because of their last season late recruitment of some very skilled key persons. This years cars blueprints was already developed and decided at that time.

Chris1976

October 28, 2012 8:13 PM

(cont)

It's a lottery for 2014 though, any team can accidentally stumble on and come up with something that gives them the edge, at least initially until the other teams have copied it and caught up. It is more likely that it would be one of the top teams but it doesn't have to be necessarily. But anyway, I think Mercedes is going towards a brighter future(though I am throwing away my Mrcedes cap for probably a McLaren cap next year) and Lewis is VERY lucky to have landed that deal.

BT33 - Unregistered

October 28, 2012 9:01 PM

Posted by Chris1976 (44 minutes ago)

Chris why then did Merc go backwards since the recruitment of some very skilled personnel and RBR went forward from a low to looking like winning the 2012 championship.

kiwibob

October 28, 2012 10:04 PM

Heard that merc are building a brand new car for lewis which on the law of averages must be better than the last 3 lol . Just a shame we can,t see MS in a good car as i think Monaco proved he still has the ability

Chris1976

October 28, 2012 11:10 PM

@BT33
Sorry I am not following. To tell you the truth I was never really a huge follower of what happens within the teams except for with the drivers. I hardly know the team bosses names even. Well okay, I know most of the bosses but not many more. All I remember was that the BBC and various on-line media made a big 'fuzz'(not sure if it is the correct word) about Mercedes' recruitments of 3 top profiles in the tech. and aero dept. But this was very late last year when Mercedes' 2012 car was more or less already created. I also think that one of those three left Mercedes in the beginning of this year but can't recall as to where or why. Or am I getting it all wrong?

Please enlighten me, when did RB get strengthened and such? And in what dept.? I DO want to know.

BT33 - Unregistered

October 29, 2012 3:15 AM

CHRIS RBR started to improve about mid season with nose, exhaust, rear bodywork and the double DRS device improvements.

Google - Red Bull RB8 - 'double-DRS' device - Formula 1 - The Official F1