F1 » Sauber confirms Hulkenberg deal

Sauber signs Nico Hulkenberg as its first driver for the 2013 F1 season

jose - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 6:24 PM

Richard,
OK, here we go again..Did you post that Mallya had yet to
pay his employees..In that post I think I read something
about the team is up for sale??..The week be-for the race,
someone did, if not you I apologize, why I don't know..
Maybe me head is till water logged from Saturday's
Sunday monsoon...Still I hope Mac-daddy Mallya get some
smarts and snap up Kobi.

Down but Not out..
Old Jose

Sauber Forever - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 6:45 PM

I don't think Force India has poor cars. Their cars have straight line speed. If Hulkenberg has inherited Kobayashi garage and then his car will be struggling like this year Kobayashi car.
I believe 2013 Sauber budget will be less than 2012.
I'm doubt about 2013 car will be as good as Perez car.
If you compare Perez car and Kobayashi car and then you will be found out reliability issue on Kobayashi car. I have no doubt Sauber has put more resource on Perez car than Kobayashi car. Also peoples in Perez's garage are better than Kobayashi garage.
If Hulkenberg has to inherit Kobayashi garage and then he will be regret leaving Force India.
Sorry for Kobayashi. If he has sponsor and then he should try on Williams Team. I believe Williams' car will be better than Sauber and Force India in next year.
If Kobayashi can't have seat in F1 and then I'm sure he will be driving for Toyota Team's Le Man car in next year.

Sauber Forever - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 7:20 PM

I don't think he can have seat at Williams because Bruno Senna has 12 Millions Pound Sponsor and Pastor Maldonado brought 45 Millions Pound to the Williams team.
Esteban will get other seat because he already have sponsor from Telmex. No seat for Kobayashi at Sauber.
I don't think Kobayashi can find sponsor for next year. I have check for how much he needs to bring money to the midfield team and at least he needs to find 12 millions Pounds sponsor. Bruno Senna brought 12 Millions Pounds for Williams.
Even Carterham's driver Vitaly Petrov brought 12 Millions Pounds to the team.
Pastor Maldonado and Sergio Perez are at top assets for the team.

Sauber Forever - Unregistered

October 31, 2012 7:20 PM

Even Carterham's driver Vitaly Petrov brought 12 Millions Pounds to the team.
Pastor Maldonado and Sergio Perez are at top assets for the team.

1Jez

November 01, 2012 12:33 AM

Of the remaining unconfirmed race seats, if only...

Sauber - Gutierrez
Force India - Bianchi
Williams - Maldonado moves to... I don't know... some other job where he can't crash into anyone and drop Senna, bring in Kobayashi and Algersuari.

Then I'll be happy.

1Jez

November 01, 2012 2:47 AM

@superdowg316 - more a wish list than a prediction. You're right that Williams need the cash, so that virtually precludes them from making any smart driver choices. Maldonado should have had his super license revoked when he deliberately rammed Hamilton at Spa in 2011. Senna just hasn't really performed, but moreso I just want to see Kobayashi stay and Algersuari back in F1.

Thought about it a little more, and I think I'll ammend my list to get rid of Grosjean, put Algersuari with Lotus and Bottas in the Williams with Kobayashi.

UAV - Unregistered

November 01, 2012 6:07 AM

FIA really wants to kill F1 in Japan? If they see Kobayashi getting snubbed, not only will F1 viewership in asia decline, it will fall to near zero.

And then once that happens, Suzuka GP might be thrown into jeopardy. Leaving cookie cutter GP tracks made in the Tilke era.

« 1 2 3 4  »