F1 » Hamilton: I won't be a title challenger in 2013

Lewis Hamilton admits it could take 'months and months, maybe 12-14 months', for Mercedes to turn its fortunes around

ricmcl - Unregistered

November 01, 2012 12:11 PM

Will anything change at Mercedes? I would have assumed they've been trying to improve the car for the last three years. Hamilton will get the most out of the car for sure but the team need to find something special to compete with the top three.

Salan

November 01, 2012 12:40 PM

Although it would seem to be realistic commentary it is hardly approperiate to be slagging off your new team before you have even arrived. I would keep my mouth shut and let Mercedes develop the car to the best of therir abilities. As right as he may be it does not help your relationship with Mercedes to be making such comments. Another gaffe already I'm afraid to say.

richard

November 01, 2012 12:40 PM

it is difficult to believe that lulu will be able to help merc. after all, schumi is far far more a development driver, yet even he could not make much out of the mess that is merc.

i still believe that heads should roll, particularly at the top. sorry ross!

jose - Unregistered

November 01, 2012 12:54 PM

I Don't think I agree with Lewis. A super car company, Mercedes has the resources to make changes majors in
very short order. They know they have solved one major part
of the WDC puzzle.
The spotlight is on. Mercedes now has to deliver.
No excuses will have standing. The team has not won anything
so far, just fiddlesticks and "Who Shot John" excuses.
Schumacher (sp) and Nico were truly screwed with a car that
turned into a three star Turtle. Methinks the regular member
of the top five will return with a shiny new car.
Ready to win!

Down, but not out.
Old Jose

Kevin - Unregistered

November 01, 2012 1:27 PM

If Lewis was indeed an important part of development and team performance, he would be winning the WDC and McLaren the WCC this season. The idea that he needs but one year to influence Merc enough to move up from 5-7 to win a WDC is insanely arrogant and completely unfounded. While Merc is big and powerful, so was Honda, BMW and Toyota - all miserable failures as teams, no matter how much they threw at it, and who they put in front of it, including Brawn. Hamilton will not be WDC again, ever, until he gets past his own ridiculous myopic self indulgence.

Tesla - Unregistered

November 01, 2012 1:30 PM

I feel sorry for Lewis. I feel McLaren top brass erred in letting him go, I know try tried hard. But not harder. This is going to affect because Levis is an emotional person minus the celeb craze crap.

Smokin - Unregistered

November 01, 2012 2:17 PM

As much as I love this guys driving I'm afraid as long as Vettel and Alonso and their cars are firing on all cylinders then the current version of Hamilton remains an outside chance for any Championship.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »