F1 » Hamilton: I won't be a title challenger in 2013

Lewis Hamilton admits it could take 'months and months, maybe 12-14 months', for Mercedes to turn its fortunes around

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Jim Clausen

November 02, 2012 3:02 AM

Probably close to being true, but a rather odd thing to go public with. Lewis seems to have a propensity for going public with statements better left unsaid.

F1 is a tough nut to crack. Manufactures Jaguar, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Alfa Romeo and Porsche all tried, to little avail. In retrospect, I think Mercedes could have accomplished much more by applying those same resources to, say Williams.

JJ - Unregistered

November 02, 2012 3:36 AM

I just don't understand what happened to Merc. Brawn had a decent car in 09, but then in 10 it all went to pot. I don't understand how ross brawn went from having a championship winning car to one that basically fights for 6th palace. Did that many key people leave? Is Ross just collecting checks? Did Merc's take over really screw the pot?

homeheroe - Unregistered

November 02, 2012 7:13 AM

to all you: Mercedes is rigorously following a budget limit, while neither red bull, nor ferrari, nor mc laren are doing so. even toro rosso has more money at hand than merc, and are basically the test team for redbullracing.

thats why mercedes will not be ever except by chance be better than those mentioned beforehand.

sakkie - Unregistered

November 02, 2012 10:21 AM

So what's new? He was't a title challenger this year either, and that in what was probably the best car on the grid for much of the year. This guy is a legend in his own lunch time. The truth is, he no longer deserved a top car, so it's only fitting he move over and make way for someone else.
I still don't believe he left of his own free will BTW. I think he was respectfully allowed to be seen to move to another team so as not to damage his commercial value. Who knows, McLaren might need him plus his sponsor money one day in the future, so why kill the goose that lays the golden egg, right? Afterall, they can always use the uncompetitive car line if they need him back. Smart thinking Ron. Who said you were senile old fella?

EnRiCo47

November 02, 2012 12:12 PM

@@ 107SS2007

Being a man who is honest ,open and speaks his mind,
when in December you meet LULU are you going finally now that you have the chance, going to tell him what you think of him as on the net, or you are going to grease him a bit like fan boys do on the net?

Just a question, with no intention of upsetting you!!??

107SS2009

November 02, 2012 6:11 PM

Enrico, about what I am going to say all I can tell you is TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.
I never greased anybody in my life and certainly I will not grease Lulu, I am not that type of man, if I will have the chance to speak to him like I hope I will it will be the Sunny Stivala that you know on here talking to him nothing less and nothing more.

sennaforever

November 02, 2012 7:06 PM

tbh, I don't see too much of LH slagging the team off, it looks to me like he's stating facts, and I have to say that with the testing bans in place I don't see any of the drivers developing the cars as fast as the teams would like IMO

sennaforever

November 02, 2012 7:16 PM

@ sunny, I can safely say that I wouldn't cross the street to meet somebody I don't like let alone make a special trip to see him, so unless you're a secret fan of Lewis why on earth are you wishing to meet him anyway ?!!!! if it's a case that you just want to tell him a few home truths good luck with that my friend, but be aware if you're going as a guest of the fanclub

« 2 3 4 5 6 7