F1 » Vettel sent to back of the grid in Abu Dhabi

In a major twist to the world championship battle, Sebastian Vettel has had his qualifying times deleted and will now start from the pit lane in the 2012 F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

richard

November 03, 2012 8:36 PM

davidwater. no, its not conjecture about there being an engine problem! what their strategy may be, is my opinion, which is just a valid as any other opinion. if you dont like it...tough... but try and counter my thoughts!

but rbr can do anything that they want to, as they are out of parc ferme, would not be affected by any other penalty, and will obviously do their utmost to gain every legal advantage.

BoufieWolf

November 03, 2012 8:37 PM

David, Richard's statement kinda made sense to me, maybe you should cut him a little slack. Whatever the reasons though, I think it is a case of damage limitation for RBR and Vettel.

UGGI

November 03, 2012 8:40 PM

I did wonder why Renault got involved and told them to stop the car? I didn't think they would get involved if it was just running low on fuel.

Can they fix the car in when it is in parc ferme conditions, or does it not matter now they have taken the penalty?

I was worried that the race tomorrow would be a bit hate-to-say-it boring, but this just the twist needed to help it go down to the last race in Brazil, (as long as Alonso can make the best of it!)

Honestly don't think it is going to change who wins the championship this year, BUT I would love it if it did.

BoufieWolf

November 03, 2012 8:43 PM

LewisMerc, that's a standard answer from you! For what it's worth, I think they should have just taken away Lulu's fastest lap as they should've done with Seb today. This has been done in the past.

richard

November 03, 2012 8:45 PM

lulumerc. you got it wrong again. i never said that lulu was cheating, but i did feel that stopping on the track due to low fuel was not right. and look at my first comment, i also said that the penalty was correct as the precedent had been set.

yeah, i know that you are beside yourself as your idol is on pole....he deserved it, as he put in a very good lap...but the actual race is TOMORROW! if he wins it, good on him, but he wont have it all his own way. he was suffering more gearbox problems in fp, so that is the achilles heel.

Taipan

November 03, 2012 8:47 PM

RGB Possibly it was in response to the fanboys screaming that the FiA was picking on Lulu again! You may notice that nobody here is claiming the FiA are picking on Vettel? That's the difference between F1 fans and Lulu fanboys.
You may also notice that I say many things just to annoy the daft cheerleaders, I'm pretty good at it judging by my results. Fanboys do their best to ruin F1 for real fans so they deserve all they get. :)

FreeJack - Unregistered

November 03, 2012 8:52 PM

Should be interesting to see if Vettel can come from the back the way Webber has, in the past. He's used to leading the pack, now he has to RACE. Go Webber, just the opening he needed.

pitpit - Unregistered

November 03, 2012 8:56 PM

Richard

Double standards here I see

'bad miscalculation by rbr'

Yet you gave Mclaren a roasting and branded them as cheats for exactly the same offence.

Oddly enough in my dictionary miscalculation and cheats have completely different meanings.

Certainly shows where your hatred lies though.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »