F1 » Lotus jubilant after Raikkonen triumph

Lotus had threatened to win its first Grand Prix early in 2012, but as the season wore on it seemed that the opportunity had escaped them - until they raced into the night in Abu Dhabi.

napiaT - Unregistered

November 04, 2012 6:38 PM

In the beginning of the season Grosjean gave an impression of a fast driver, I was thinking Kimi may be even slower. But now, look who has laurels and is on third spot of WC.

ghog

November 04, 2012 7:35 PM

KIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's whats motor racing is about.

Good Job.

walrus909

November 04, 2012 7:50 PM

The interview was something like:
Coultard, "tell us about your emotions at this time"?.. Kimi, "not really." More Coultard, bla bla then Kimi "last time I was given s***t cause I didn't smile enough"
Eventualy Kimi said all the cliches and "then after the party when we feel bad, then we'll figure out what we did"
bonus round: Seb dropped F-bomb

Taipan

November 04, 2012 8:16 PM

I'm guessing Kimi will have managed to find a vodka bar even in Abu Dhabi by now!

Great to see him win again, and some of his comments on team radio were comedy gold, leave me alone I know what I'm doing, yes you do matey.

blublz

November 04, 2012 8:58 PM

Of the front runners, only Maldonado had a slower pit turnaround than Kimi, I'm certain though that wont stop the party, hope Eric Boullier gets drunk and Romain Grosjean gets another run next year.

taliz

November 04, 2012 10:02 PM

There was a camera on Grosjean for a couple of seconds when Kimi was on the podium. It looked like he had tears in his eyes, and I bet those were not tears of joy. Rather he felt that his chances of success in F1 is slipping away, that it just goes to **** for him time and time again must be quite hard to cope with. Sad.

blublz

November 05, 2012 1:27 PM

Kimi Raikkonen on his party plans: "I have almost two weeks. As long as I manage to get myself to the next race I think the team is happy."
. . .
ESPN

“I can't remember ever laughing so much in commentary when he was telling his team to stop bothering him on the radio, he knew what to do with his tyres and his pace and he demonstrated that point admirably.”
. . .