F1 » Hamilton determined to challenge in USA

Lewis Hamilton eager to challenge for victory as F1 returns to the USA

silent observer - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 2:32 PM

An F1 car coming into a corner at speed! I really need to visit an F1 race in person soon. And pick my seating position carefully. The grandstand will probably have more of an atmosphere, but I want a view where it's coming at me and taking those corners in quick succession. Silverstone is one possibility.

silent observer - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 2:42 PM

So it's the combination of movement, acceleration and cornering speeds that make the body and parts of an F1 car flex and bend, and the driver along with it, enduring massive g-forces....and remaining focussed for lap after lap!

Kind of puts all our criticisms of drivers into perspective. All the training they do to help them do this. Would make most of us giddy or even throw up, if we sat in the car with them for just one lap or two!

richard

November 10, 2012 2:44 PM

sadly, apart from the noise and atmosphere, the best view of a race is actually on tv. that might sound disparaging, but believe me, in a processional race, you get a glimpse of the same cars in the same positions, lap after lap. you miss any move, unless you are extremly lucky. but you get to see these, with replays , on tv. so it is better to get a large plasma screen, and when 3d starts, it will be as good as sitting in the cockpit!

silent observer - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 3:11 PM

Thanks richard. I've been watching on widescreen TV for some years now. I'd just like to experience that speed and noise in person. I saw them when they came to London a few years ago, but I got the noise and not the raw speed.

That wasn't me that disagreed with you, btw :-)

107SS2009

November 10, 2012 4:30 PM

Silent observer, as Richard said TV is the best but if you are interested to attend a race I recommend Monza, choosing a good place to watch from at Monza was never a problem for the locals they make liberal use of trees around the rack and no tickets are needed for watching from a tree out there.

Lurch - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 11:09 PM

Yeah I went to Monza this year, great noise, atmosphere and was right on the first corner to see some overtakes and action. Also had a screen opposite for the other stuff we missed. But yeah some people even brought their own scaffolding to watch the race from in front of their camper vans.

« 1 2 3  »