F1 » F1 2012 POLL: Will the US GP be a success this time?

Vote in our latest F1 poll and have your say now on if you think F1 will succeed this time on the other side of the pond. To submit your vote, simply CLICK HERE

Paul - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 1:09 PM

I went to all 8 F1 races at Indy and I don't think the drivers cared for the track much. With a proper F1 track I think that it will be much better for the drivers and the fans!

Matt - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 1:28 PM

My only concern is the very conservative approach Pirelli has taken with a tire choice. They is planning on bringing their medium and hard tires are the United States Grand Prix in Austin, TX. All of the teams have caught up to the tires. The last two or three races, we have seen only one-stop strategies for all of the teams.
I would have like to see Pirelli bring the super soft/soft or the soft/medium combination of tires. Yes, I know that COTA is a brand new track and no one has raced, but I think that this would add to the excited.

Harry - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 1:31 PM

I think the circuit looks great and the drivers will enjoy it. But thats only a very small part of what will make it a success.

Love him or hate him, Lewis Hamilton going out with Nicole Shertzinger(?) will increase the interest in the race from the media over there.

ratchet69

November 10, 2012 2:14 PM

Surely Harry, there are more important things to consider than the celebrity girlfriend of one of the drivers. If celebrity is more important, to the US fan, then F1 in the USA is doomed as, being a World Championship where the participants actually come from all over the world, many drivers, as well as their home countries, will be totally unknown to the spectators. Please, someone tell me that the interest in F1 in the USA goes deeper than that.

Drew - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 3:05 PM

Lewis' girlfriend is not a big known star aka celebrity in the states, sorry. If there is no race in France do we call it a failure too? Indy was great for the fans, reasonable prices, easy to get to, and by all counts the first few years had largest attendance in all of F1. Failure to negotiate a new deal was the problem and the tire issue disnt help Im sure.

Juice - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 3:06 PM

It will be a success. I think all the tickets are sold out. Not only that, but it's in Austin, which isn't like the rest of Texas. And with the possibility of Vettel winning the championship, it should be extra special.

desmoquak - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 4:24 PM

Don't worry, the interest in Motorsports runs way deeper than celebrity girlfriends, but they can't hurt either! The more celebrities, and their will be many, the better. America is the capital of entertainment and this will be no different. Don't get me wrong, but this is how the interest will grow. On another note, for this race to be a success, they will have to be aggressive and take chances, If they line up and create a parade route, then America will yawn and say, " Well that was nice." Remember, we are the country of Football, NASCAR, and the Kentucky Derby. We Like it Big, Bad ass and Fast. And I say that with the utmost humility. I really do. F1 needs to be EPIC to succeed here in the states! I don't expect anything less!

TruthTeller - Unregistered

November 10, 2012 5:23 PM

If even football the king of all sports cannot make it in the US, how will F1 succeed ??
The only way I can see this working is there has to be an American F1 driver.... and he must be driving in one of the top teams.
Sure the stands will be packed in this first year but only an American driver competing for the championship can help sustain interest.

Olek135i - Unregistered

November 11, 2012 12:05 AM

Seems to be a lot of anti american sentiment, which is unfortunate. Where are all the trolls, I mean posters about the lack of people attending the india gp? (I havent seen that many empty seats in a long time, especially a facility designed for F1) or that Turkey GP, the one bernie partly owns that is not hosting a race? This isn't about americans embracing F1, it is about F1 fans embracing this facility and coming out to see it, from USA or wherever on this earth. And in the end, if you don't pay bernie, you don't get a race.

1 2 3 4  »